PDA

View Full Version : To tint or not

Las Palmas
January 26th, 2007, 16:56
I would love you forum members opinions on whether or not I should tint my back 3 windows on my RS6.Since I am in CA. I can only tint the back 3 windows.What do you think does the car look better with tint or not.:rs6kiss:

AudiFanatic83
January 26th, 2007, 17:53
I would usually say TINT ftw!! (for the win!) but if you are only allowed to tint the back three and not the front two, then I would say don't do it

steffenr
January 26th, 2007, 18:04
is it just the film thats illegal or is the colour in the windows, because here in demark you can get, coluored windows wich looks amazing, so I would go for that option if possiple.

s42ski
January 27th, 2007, 21:49
I also have the Califronia tint issue and have a run in with the CHP on this - if you stay in the metro areas you can tint all the windows and it is unlikely you will get a ticket for the fronts, just look around at all of the bling bling cars with limo dark tint on the front windows :vhmmm:

BTW, I had very dark tint on all windows for two years prior to getting pulled over outside of Bishop - I heard from the guy that did my remove and replace that the CHP is harsh on the window tint law in that area.

I think the look is a personal choice - I like my blue beast with the tint

I have darker tint on the rear three and a light tint on the fronts -

MBCA S6
January 28th, 2007, 17:57
I also have the Califronia tint issue and have a run in with the CHP on this - if you stay in the metro areas you can tint all the windows and it is unlikely you will get a ticket for the fronts, just look around at all of the bling bling cars with limo dark tint on the front windows :vhmmm:

BTW, I had very dark tint on all windows for two years prior to getting pulled over outside of Bishop - I heard from the guy that did my remove and replace that the CHP is harsh on the window tint law in that area.

I think the look is a personal choice - I like my blue beast with the tint

I have darker tint on the rear three and a light tint on the fronts -

I've gone this same route on my S6 as well as 2 A6s before that (light tint on fronts;darker on rear 3). No problems with CHP or anyone else so far (knock on wood). On the other hand, I haven't been through Bishop either! (and I also live in the South Bay). I like the look of the tint on my silver S6 and it helps keep the black interior a bit cooler.

gregoryindiana
January 28th, 2007, 18:18
I would usually say TINT ftw!! (for the win!) but if you are only allowed to tint the back three and not the front two, then I would say don't do it

It's no issue for me here in Indiana, especially in winter (we had sun one day of the last seven), but if a guy in Atlanta (where they have heat AND humidity) can live without tint, so could anyone in CA.

Use either a full car cover, or an inside the windshield cover (I bought the Audi item, which does fit well), along with the rear window and rear side window shades for when the car is parked. The solar sunroof does quite a good job (it does get hot and sunny here in the summer) at blowing out some of the hot interior air. When the car is running, the A/C is more than up to the challenge.

Tint to me isn't about keeping the interior cool anymore. It seems to be about the "cool" you want to project.

Not part of my package. Your choice, really. But remember you aren't doing it because the heat is overwhelming the A/C