PDA

View Full Version : Results & cost of my 55k mile service, REVO software?, tranny chip?

ruxprncd
January 26th, 2007, 01:54
Just had the 55,000 mile service done on my just-purchased beast (that actually has 55,000 miles).

Cost would have been about US$1500 but I went ahead and had the timing belt replaced - which was about $1000 more for a total of $2500. I did this, even though the timing belt is supposed to be replaced at 70,000 miles, because I have a 2-year lease and would have needed to do this well before my lease ended. This way I know for certain the car is 100%...and ready to be chipped, of course :).

Good news is that even with the relatively high miles on the car they found that the car has been very well maintained, had no hidden issues, and has not a drop of oil or leaks anywhere. I had bought the car without a thorough inspection...which I know is risky but at my price point I was willing to take the chance.

So the bottom line is: I LOVE THIS CAR! :rs6kiss:

For those who have REVO software: Any info to add to what is already in the archives? From reading the archives it seems that generally people are happy with it. I doesn't include a tranny chip, but at $895 it's considerably less expensive than the other options.

For those who have tranny chipped-software: How much of an improvement in shifting do you really notice? I have to say that the shifting seems pretty decent to me - much better than the impression I had from reading others' reviews.

Your valuable input much appreciated!

gjg
January 28th, 2007, 00:33
you get what you pay for .... just remember :deal:

I have MTM tranny chip and together with engine management it did improve the overall performance

s42ski
January 28th, 2007, 01:52
I have the Revo and have been happy - I especially like the ability to "tune" the car with the controller - I have used the valet code several times ( removes all boost from the car - turns it into a 4.2L A6 from a power standpoint).

The power gains are significant, but that is a seat of the pants estimate - I have not dyno'd the car.

One thing that is also nice is the ability to turn the car back to stock for trips to the dealer.

Since you are leasing that may be an important issue to consider.

peiserg
January 28th, 2007, 19:21
are all of these chips of the nature that i would have to pull my ecu from the car and mail it somewhere? how hard is that?

s42ski
January 28th, 2007, 20:17
peiserg - that's one of the nice things about the Revo software - it is all done through the OBD port, so no removal of the ECU

Aronis
January 29th, 2007, 01:28
peiserg - that's one of the nice things about the Revo software - it is all done through the OBD port, so no removal of the ECU

How much did the REVO cost?

Mike

s42ski
January 29th, 2007, 03:21
Mike, they had three versions - a simple A/B switch for 900 a 4 position switch that gave you 91 octane, valet, stock and 100 octane tuning for 150 more and for 300 more you got the fully adjustable version that let you play with more parameters including timing - this one also had a kill mode ( car will not run). I do not use the adjustability at all on the high end ( too scared of making an expensive mistake:cry: )

But I have lowered the power to see how the car feels - the valet mode felt like a 4.2 A6 - still quick but not :addict: