PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

cally
January 26th, 2007, 01:27
Which exhaust looks better in RS4? the MTM, Magnaflow or the Miltek one?
The Miltek one looks like original at the rear end whereas MTM and Magnaflow is four exhaust tip at the end... which one looks better??

Audihead
January 26th, 2007, 01:37
I would go with MTM or Milltek. They have the most experience with Audi. Magnaflow might be alright, but they are newcomers to the game.

cally
January 26th, 2007, 02:55
Thx but which one do u think it would look nicer

AndyBG
January 26th, 2007, 03:04
IMHO, MTM is best solution.

Miltek is great to, I must admit...

As Far as looks is conserd, oval is defenetly my favourite for B7 RS 4 !

jonnyg
January 26th, 2007, 03:18
The milltek looks and sounds the best imo, and also "supposedly" has a 20 hp gain...

cally
January 26th, 2007, 10:58
icic, we dont know how much hp has the MTM gain too. mmm really hard to think

tazsura
January 26th, 2007, 11:09

Cally, i'm 90% sure i'm gonna go for the Milltek on my one. I dont like the quad exhaust look of the other two makers as they make the car look like a S4! I havn't heard the MTM (any links anyone?) but of the other two, the Milltek sounds best.

The big phat ovals look much much better IMO!:rs4addict

Taz :asian:

cally
January 26th, 2007, 11:12
ohh yeah i forgoten this point of view.... indeed it will make it look a bit like S4 with those exhaust tips.

jonnyg
January 26th, 2007, 13:41
not to mention, of the milltek dyno's i have seen posted with the "supposed" 20 hp gain, that is not including the downpipes... Add the downpipes and for even more volume...

daz
January 26th, 2007, 19:14
I'm biased as I went for the Milltek. I didn't want my car to look like an S4. Wanted it to look as OEM as possible. Doesn't sound OEM though :hihi:

http://www.tyresmoke.net/albums/album289/368_G.sized.jpg

Video clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjYKNm5xhnE)

Audihead
January 26th, 2007, 19:45

BIG FAT OVALS BABY! :dig: :rs4addict

IulianUM
January 27th, 2007, 00:45
You can go for big fat ovals with MTM too . :hahahehe:
In my experience the MTM one with the katalists (and oval end pipes :cool2: ) gives an improvement , especially in the torque at high RPM . And sounds more like a GT car , starting the car now is ... :wo:

cally
January 29th, 2007, 04:13
Ohh, u mean you can choose from the oval ones or the 4 pipe ones from MTM?

cally
January 29th, 2007, 04:18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IstedKp3g7c

This is the video of MTM exhaust sound

welbo
February 1st, 2007, 17:41
I just installed the Millteck downpipe with sport cats(200cells) and non resonated cat-back with the big fat oval tips a week ago. The sound is simply fantastic and awesome! The normal mode feel like sport mode now as the rev climb really fast with the all new full exhuast system.

I will not be dynoing my car but one thing for sure, it does feel much faster and the some is simply awesome!!!!!!:thumb:

cally
February 2nd, 2007, 00:52
cool good to hear that!!!!!

Arslanoff
March 18th, 2007, 23:39
Can you tell me the difference mates between 200 Cell Hi-Flow Sports Cat and 100 Cell Hi-Flow Sports Cat and Non-Resonated and Resonated Cat-Back sound of Milltek Sport. I want Milltek Including Exhaust Valves but dont know Resonated or Non-Resonated to choose. Can you tell me the difference between original RS4 Exhaust, resonated and non-resonated sound of Milltek Exhaust without S-button pressed. Is it much louder or just like Original in sport mode?

welbo
March 25th, 2007, 07:40
For the 200 cells sport cat without resonator box, the normal mode sound is louder than the stock RS4 exhaust in sport mode. I do not know how the Miltek sound like with the resonated box but I am loving my new exhaust system even more now as the sound as get better and better! :incar: