PDA

View Full Version : A wheel Disapointment

Marty72
January 24th, 2007, 11:45
Had to pop down to my local Audi dealer the other day to finalize the paperwork on my New RS4(should be with me next week:wo: ),parked my car looked through the showroom window at a set of RS4 alloys on what I thought was a red RS4 only to discover to my disappointment that they were actually on a Red A6 Quattro S-Line,I asked the salesman about it and he told me they were now an cost option on all S-Line models.
I don't know what you guy's think but I would have though Audi would have kept the RS4 as exclusive as possible and that includes the alloy design,just a small gripe but just wondered what others thought?:w:

BigRick
January 24th, 2007, 15:12
Since I saw an RS4 logo on a GTI I am kind of immune to these things. But you're right it's sad to see your "uniqueness" installed on another car.

Audihead
January 25th, 2007, 06:43
I saw Audi Exclusive RS4 Chrome rims on the new TTR 3.2 S-Line at the Detroit Autoshow. I think Audi is finally getting the message that we like to have choices here in the States. Hooray for Audi!:wo:

Mori
January 25th, 2007, 11:41
I don't mind that much. Same thing happened with the B5. But the "copy" RS4 wheels are usually not as wide (eg. 7.5 or 8") and in some cars not as big (18"). So they don't look as good. ;)

nene
January 25th, 2007, 14:53
All RS car wheels eventually make it to other models. That is one way to make money!!!!! It's just wheels man.

vasbli
January 25th, 2007, 16:27
what is important, is the engine....and the tranny. The rest is for the guys who drive 2.0L diesel A4 :lovl:

steffenr
January 25th, 2007, 20:21
You can get all vag wheels as replicas, I actually saw a corolla with S8 wheels the other day:nono: but then again vag owners like MB, BMW wheels so why not.

Leadfoot
January 25th, 2007, 21:07
I saw Audi Exclusive RS4 Chrome rims on the new TTR 3.2 S-Line at the Detroit Autoshow. I think Audi is finally getting the message that we like to have choices here in the States. Hooray for Audi!:wo:

What were the TTs at Detriot, was there anything different from what you seen in the magazines?

Audihead
January 26th, 2007, 01:45
What were the TTs at Detriot, was there anything different from what you seen in the magazines?

No, not really. They had a 2.0T TTR and a 3.2 TTC S-Line. I misspoke earlier @ the 3.2 TTR S-Line, it was the Coupe. Sorry.:ttaddict: