PDA

View Full Version : My Abt RS6 is back!!

Dave
April 26th, 2003, 10:52
Bawahaha hahahahahahahahah Bwhahahahahahahahah!! :D Bawahahhahah

505bhp, 630Nm .. hahahahahahahahahahah :incar:

I haven't laughted so much since I was a kid, I would say that it pulls like a train, but I don't reckon trains are as powerful as this

It now has a new raw edge that is just stunning.. you can almost feel the wheels scrabbling for grip and then it just pins your head back.

Put you toe down and within secs you'll be doing well over a ton

I'll give you all a more detailed report later,:bow:
I'm off to play again
Cheers
delighted Dave :race:

Bawhahahahhahh hahahahaha hahahahahah

Benman
April 26th, 2003, 17:32
dang it dave:mad: your making it VERY hard fo us guys in the
states. not only do you have (and are enjoying) the car we are all
waiting to get, now you even have it modified for increased
enjoyment. ah well, very happy for you (i'll just have to work on
my patience:D ) question for you, the difference is really that
dramatic? have fun with your new and improved toy while the
rest of us sit here waiting.:cheers:

ben:addict:

Dave
April 26th, 2003, 17:42
Ben,

it's not so much the increase in power (bhp) which is up by around 60bhp, but the torque.

It just grabs each gear and chews up the tarmac.. when the turbo's spool up it's amazing.. it's difficult to describe, but the car holds more power and for longer.

The way the rev counter climbs is well.. just funny. I mean the car isn't slow as standard.. but it's also comfortable.

The chip removes some of the comfort (the gears bang in more roughly but quicker) and the car becomes more raw and more of a true drivers car.

Feel free to ask any specific questions.
Dave

Benman
April 26th, 2003, 17:47
thanks for the info Dave:D if i may, one more question. you say
that you do sacrifice a little comfort in the gear shift, but is it that
noticeable with the car in regular auto mode as opposed to the
"sport" setting? thanks in advance and i'm very glad to hear you're
enjoying the increased performance (as i know i would!):cheers:

ben:addict:

JP4
April 26th, 2003, 19:09
U da mannn Dave! :bow:
:addict:

jfrocke
April 26th, 2003, 20:24
Does Audi honor the full warranty on the vehicle (minus the chip that was changed of course)?

jconley
April 26th, 2003, 20:33
Originally posted by jfrocke
Does Audi honor the full warranty on the vehicle (minus the chip that was changed of course)?

In europe Audi continues the warranty when modified by certain tuners. I doubt we will see that here in the US. Keep in mind, we get a much longer warranty here to begin with.

J

Dave
April 26th, 2003, 21:40
Originally posted by jfrocke

Yes, In the Uk the Abt chip is audi's official product and the full warranty stays in place.. good news for guys like us.

My local dealer fitted and arranged the product and the service has been first class.

I have to take the car back next week so they can plug it in a check for any error codes but apart from that very easy.

Dave

krm
April 26th, 2003, 22:51
Sounds good, Dave. Looking forward to the comprehensive report! :incar:

Finnus
April 26th, 2003, 23:41
Does anyone know if the ABT chip will be available in the States? If its an Audi product, that sounds like the way to go.

Finnus

TheBrit
April 27th, 2003, 00:03
You jammy b*****d! :D

Have you told your insurers about this and has it whacked your premiums up? You'll have to let us know how your fuel usage has changed once you've got a few more miles on with the chip.

Cheers,

[Very jealous] Chris.

Rs6s4
April 27th, 2003, 10:42
Hello there,
hey Dave tell me about the Exhaust's shape, did u get them in four pieces two in each side, or like the original one but in black color, well I did order the ABT package with my RS6 and they sad they will provide the original tips but in black Mat chrome, plus did u do any modification for your transmission system, they said they need to upgrade that too.
hey Dave do u think that with this stage one upgrading there is a change in performance from 0-60?

any one tried or heard about a race between the RS6 and the 996 BiTurbo?

Nordschleife
April 27th, 2003, 16:48
Guys
To clear up some misconceptions about Audi 'picking up' warranties on tuned cars.
Be very, very certain - AUDI DOES NOT WARRANT CARS TUNED BY OTHER ORGANISATIONS.
There is cause for confusion, however. Audi AG has a number of concessionaires in different countrries around the world, for example if you buy an Audi from Audi Austria, you will be buying it from the Piëch Family, who happen to own most of the voting shares in Porsche and one of whom, is the boss of the Supervisory Board of VW, having recently retired from active management of the group.
These Concessionaires frequently form relationships with tuning companies and merge the tuner's warranty with the manufacturer's warranty into a single cover as far as the customer is concerned.
So to a British customer it looks as if the Abt tuning kit is covered by an 'official' Audi warranty.
Before anybody gets too excited, remember, in most of the world warranties are of two year duration, the 4 year US warranty is the exception. Tuners in Europe are obliged by EU laws to offer a 2 year warranty, which happens to match the manufacturer's warranty.
So the Abt chip is NOT an Audi product.
I hope this clears up some misconceptions.

R+C

Dave
April 27th, 2003, 17:19
Absolutly mate,

Totally agree and sorry if I have mislead..
The Abt chip is not Audi's own product, but in the Uk Abt and Audi have come to an agreement where the warranty stays intact.. that may not be the same for other countries although I think germany is also covered.

I have just had the stage one chip done. Nothing yet done to the exhaust, but I think I will go with the Abt quad pipe when it is ready.

I imagine (although not tested yet) that the 0 to 60 time is now around 4.1secs.
It pulls so strongly that it is just astonishing how fast the car is.

Cheers
Dave

kye
April 29th, 2003, 09:05
Originally posted by Nordschleife
in most of the world warranties are of two year duration, the 4 year US warranty is the exception. Tuners in Europe are obliged by EU laws to offer a 2 year warranty, which happens to match the manufacturer's warranty.

hint, the volkswagen versicherungsdienst in germany will give you unlimited warranty for around 700eur a year after your 2 year manufacture warranty if you make a contract with them within the first 6 weeks after you get your car.