PDA

View Full Version : to ceramic or no ceramic?

RXBG
January 17th, 2007, 18:01
that is the question. is saving about 40 lbs (20 kg) unsprung weight and assuring no need to replace brakes or pads after track use worth 7-10K?

40 lbs unsprung weight. yikes. that is more than i thought.................

nene
January 17th, 2007, 18:55
Personally I'd say yes. However, since I like the brake calipers to be Red, I probably opt out of the Ceramic option, and get Mov'it brakes instead (if and when available).

One choice would be to go with Ceramic, and send out the calipers for a little professional paint work. Unsure the weight reduction would be my main choice of yes/no. Once you spend that much on a car, the $$$K options are spare change. Go with your gut.

Damienr8
January 17th, 2007, 21:08
that is the question. is saving about 40 lbs (20 kg) unsprung weight and assuring no need to replace brakes or pads after track use worth 7-10K?

40 lbs unsprung weight. yikes. that is more than i thought.................

What are the costs for Ceramics on the R8. Do you think the performance, quality, etc. justify the costs?

MihokS5
January 18th, 2007, 02:49
I love the Audi ceramic brakes. I would def say do it:thumb:

BSR
January 18th, 2007, 21:35
CAR mag says 'no' to ceramics....sez the standards -'are so aggressive...you can save your cash'.

Mebbe on a harder edge version of the R8- the ceramics would for sure be the way to go?

R8's for everyone :cheers:.

RB

Iceman
January 18th, 2007, 22:47
Personally I'd say yes. However, since I like the brake calipers to be Red, I probably opt out of the Ceramic option, and get Mov'it brakes instead (if and when available).
That will be the same one's like the Gallardo's.

http://www.movit.de/images/lamga03.jpg

Hans.

RXBG
January 19th, 2007, 17:26
wasn't thinking of me necessarily. but i wil definitely consider them.......

Skaala
January 19th, 2007, 22:24
I'd go fot the ceramics, not only for bragging rights, but the 300.000km lifespan.