PDA

View Full Version : First warranty work on my RS4 :)

Mori
January 17th, 2007, 13:21
So the RS4 logo on the bottom of the steering wheel fell out. :D Took about 5 mins to fix - the screw or something wasn't tight enough.

Anyway - back to laying on the km. :D

Benman
January 17th, 2007, 16:13
Fell out?!? I've heard of the paint wearing off, but not the emblem coming loose? First time for everything... :D

Ben:addict:

tazsura
January 17th, 2007, 16:22
On the first RS4 Avant I test drove, the badge had fallen out of the steering wheel to!

:rs4addict

Taz :0:

Mad 1
January 17th, 2007, 17:41
Had the same problem but slide it back in and all ok :mech: superglue next time

KK265
January 17th, 2007, 19:43
So the RS4 logo on the bottom of the steering wheel fell out. :D Took about 5 mins to fix - the screw or something wasn't tight enough.

Anyway - back to laying on the km. :D
Most of them (rs4 logo) were in the glovebox when the car came in Greece.So they protect them by steal during transportation.Perhaps not proper fit then from the dealer.

andreasm
January 17th, 2007, 20:20
I had both of the above problems some weeks ago.

The black paint around the logo was hackneyed after some weeks. The solution of my Audi dealer was to replace the whole steering wheel! They told me that it’s not possible to order only the single logo! (I think this is wrong, because I saw the single logo on eBay for around 15 bugs)

One week after the steering wheel change I had again a problem with the logo, it fell out! The solution of my Audi dealer was to use glue… I think another steering wheel was to expensive :-)

Mori
January 17th, 2007, 20:36

The black paint around the logo was hackneyed after some weeks. The solution of my Audi dealer was to replace the whole steering wheel! They told me that it’s not possible to order only the single logo! (I think this is wrong, because I saw the single logo on eBay for around 15 bugs)

One week after the steering wheel change I had again a problem with the logo, it fell out! The solution of my Audi dealer was to use glue… I think another steering wheel was to expensive :-)

Yeah you can't order the logo seperately. :( They told me the same thing ...

KK265
January 17th, 2007, 21:48

Materialnummer:8D0 419 685 A.I have a new one front of me with the factory sticker on the plastic bag.It is a gift from my dealer because he did not know that the factory put it in the glovebox !!So he ordered one new.When he discovered the original was too late to cancel the order so he gave it to me.Sent me an e-mail if you want a picture of the sticker.