PDA

View Full Version : price of rs4's in australia

rs4some
January 16th, 2007, 12:45
hi guys just wondering what prices you were able to get from the dealer drive away for your new rs4 as i have tryed a few and there doesnt seem to be a lot of discounting going on:w:

tazsura
January 16th, 2007, 13:11
Hi there,

Don't know about Austrailia, but there's NO :nono: discount at all on a new RS4 in the UK.

Maybe try an ex-demo?

Taz

M3 owner
January 16th, 2007, 19:35
U wont get a discount mate,especially now that they have won PCOTY.If u REALLY want a RS4,grab what ever u can find because supply is limited.
In my experience,Audi salesmen have been incredibly arrogant & full of B.S.
I wanted to trade in my M3 for the B6 S4.I rang a dealer & was told that I would have to pay a deposit because the cars were in such high demand.The next week I drove past the same Audi dealership & there were 5 S4'S sitting in the showroom.I went in & started talking w/ a salesman who gave me a very bad trade in & wouldn't move on the price of the S4.Til this day,those same 5 S4's are still at the dealership but they are now in the 2nd hand dept of the lot.
I don't think Audi salesman realise that Audi really doesn't have a market in Sydney.The roads are dominated by Mercs & BMW's yet in my experience Audi salesmen think they are doing u a favour just by talking 2 u.I have found that Merc & BMW offer cheaper alternatives.
If the salesmen here weren't so arrogant I would have had a RS4 by now.I am torn about what car I should buy but these dealers have probably been the biggest hurdle.

rs4some
January 17th, 2007, 09:19
thanks guys. the best i have gotten to so far is $177k drive away with sunroof which is basically nothing off retail.

just wondering what others managed to pick theirs up for as i was excepting to be able to get it much closer to $170k if not in the 60's

jasaretta
January 17th, 2007, 12:10
Defintely not in the $160's - evetyone I know has been around your mark depending on options. If you need a good dealer in Melbourne (sounds like M3 owner hasnet had a good experience) PM me and I would be happy to introduce

PM me if you ahve any more specific questions. - James

rs4some
January 18th, 2007, 11:58
thanks mate. they are offering free on road costs at the moment so will see how further i can get the price down

just with a car of that price, i would have thought there would be a fair bit of margin in it for the dealer to work with

wild-rs4-man
January 18th, 2007, 12:38
this is my history of cars purchased from the same dealer since 1997, and I have made numerous attempts at getting a discount for my rs4 which will be delivered in 2 weeks but they are no too keen eventough I have purchased all the below cars over the years

I might get a few items thrown in like the sunroof etc etc ,,, but not counting on it !!!!!

since audi has a great car ( RS4 ) they think they can call the shots,, it is a great car but AUDI must not get to sure of themselves otherwise they will end up like BMW and Merc

B5 A4 1.8
A6 2.7T
S3:dance:
B6 A4 1.8T
A6 3.0 tdi
B6 S4
B7 2.O TDI
B7 A4 DTM:applause:
A3 2.0 TDI
A3 2.0 FSI

B7 RS4 ( COMMING SOON ):rs4addict

rs4some
January 18th, 2007, 12:44
wow that is a hell of a lot of audis you've had !!!

so how much did you manage to get your latest rs4 for

wild-rs4-man
January 18th, 2007, 13:09
@rs4some

Actually i had a look at the list,,, i forgot to mention 1 more car the B7 A4 3.0 TDI WAGON

They have not invoiced me for the RS4 yet, car has not been delivered to the dealer( 2 more weeks ), I will sit down at thier offices next week and SQUEEZE them :rotflmao: into some discount

will let you know
:rs4addict

jasaretta
January 18th, 2007, 20:38
At very least squeeze them for the 3 years free servicing. I got it.

james

M3 owner
January 19th, 2007, 06:45
Personally,If I was u,I wouldn't settle on anything other then them throwing in a S6.:lovl:

wild-rs4-man
January 19th, 2007, 06:54
@jasaretta

The car actually comes with a 5 year maintance plan which covers all faults,,, so i must bargin for me

wild-rs4-man
January 19th, 2007, 07:35
@ m3 owner

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:bye2:

rs4some
January 21st, 2007, 06:45
have any of you guys used better deal

http://www.betterdeal.com.au/index.aspx

only costs $150 and you have all dealers bidding for your business in a reverse auction system

jasaretta
January 21st, 2007, 09:06
I used a broker who does the same thing,

rs4some
January 21st, 2007, 09:27
I used a broker who does the same thing,

how did you find them for ease of use and also did you find that they got you a way better price than negotiating at a dealer?

rs4some
January 21st, 2007, 09:31
I'm finding it very hard to justify paying high $170k's for the car given its has a rrp of $165k which there would be a fair bit of margin in and audi australia is offering free onroads.

Do you think about $168k is totally out of the question as i could justify bout that price though not $10k higher

moose81
January 21st, 2007, 10:42
hey people,

well i am about to enter the world of RS4 land.

I drove a 2nd hand one on the weekend, 7000KM"s Black with solar roof etc.

The guy will sell it for $150K and no less, he is apparently buying the R8 or has it on order.

I used a broker last week and they came back wtih 177K.

I read about www.betterdeal.com.au on the forum and i am going to give them a go for tomorrow.

Anyone know of any other good brokers?

Greg

jasaretta
January 21st, 2007, 11:20
My broker was good - but really unable to move them on price to any significant deal. He does get good deals on other Audis has several family members have provedn (A6's). He managed to get me a couple of things thrown in. Prefer to PM the details if anyone wants to know them.

I will also happily pass on his number to anyone who PM's me.

Example of his work - the guy that introduced me to him saved $12k on a BMW X5 over what he could get directly from BMW.

moose81
January 22nd, 2007, 11:37
OK,

I have used 4 different brokers now.

Private Fleet - 177K
A1 Car Broker - 172K
BetterDeal - 165k
Aus Search Brokers - 175k.

Clearly these guys are discounting them. not sure why one was clearly better than the others, they have a better, automated system from what i can tell. They do charge 150 to run the auction, but it makes sense, the dealers know its legit then.

From what i can see of the pricing the others have received I will go ahead at 165k from betterdeal unless anyone can get better?

Delivery time is 14 weeks which is standard everywhere.

jasaretta
January 22nd, 2007, 12:54
OK,

I have used 4 different brokers now.

Private Fleet - 177K
A1 Car Broker - 172K
BetterDeal - 165k
Aus Search Brokers - 175k.

Clearly these guys are discounting them. not sure why one was clearly better than the others, they have a better, automated system from what i can tell. They do charge 150 to run the auction, but it makes sense, the dealers know its legit then.

From what i can see of the pricing the others have received I will go ahead at 165k from betterdeal unless anyone can get better?

Delivery time is 14 weeks which is standard everywhere.

As mentioned earlier - check what s included - eg servicing

Mori
January 22nd, 2007, 14:21
Over here two dealers were battling it out which one would sell me the car. One finished at an 8% discount, the second one delivered a 14% reduction in price.

That made the ceramics + 50% of the other options free. :D

M3 owner
January 22nd, 2007, 21:32
Thnx 4 that list moose,I am definately going 2 use a brocker nxt purchase.

Four Rings
January 23rd, 2007, 01:38
HI everyone,

I have been along time reader but never registered for this community.
I read with horror that a lot of you guy's are disapointed with the attitude and service from Audi Australia sales consultants. I personally am one of these sales people, I'm from the country and deal with people a lot differently than the metro guys {or so my clients tell me} i do have clients on this forum and would gladly like to help anyone not satisfyied with their local dealer. please feel free to contact me via PM, or email {prefered}
Regards Matt

OzRS4
January 23rd, 2007, 07:29
As mentioned earlier - check what s included - eg servicing

I agree. You also want to look at trade-in as well if you have one. And how good is the customer service provided by the broker. I used Autofleet.com.au. Got an unbelievable trade-in for mine and as above, I got free 3 years scheduled service. Also they can provide competitive finance if you need it. Overall, I would say consider the WHOLE package, not just the listed price. Good luck.

gazzab
January 26th, 2007, 12:34
Welcome aboard some more Aussies, like James my dealer is keen for business, just PM me.

Gazzab

gazzab
January 26th, 2007, 12:38
HI everyone,

I have been along time reader but never registered for this community.
I read with horror that a lot of you guy's are disapointed with the attitude and service from Audi Australia sales consultants. I personally am one of these sales people, I'm from the country and deal with people a lot differently than the metro guys {or so my clients tell me} i do have clients on this forum and would gladly like to help anyone not satisfyied with their local dealer. please feel free to contact me via PM, or email {prefered}
Regards Matt
Gidday Mr Four Rings!

I might have to avail your services for a R8, only one small problem, the wife still thinks I need a five seater!

Gazzab

Four Rings
January 26th, 2007, 22:00
Hi Gazzab!!!

Hope the Beast is well?
In regards to the R8,when it arrives tell your wife the sales person forgot to tick the rear seat option!!! ha ha
I should be going to Germany towrds the end of this year and will hopfully drive one... i can place your order while i'm overthere if you like???
Hope everything is well down your way.
Regards Matt