PDA

View Full Version : advanced police license cameras!

Benman
January 12th, 2007, 16:30
Wow, scarry stuff! There are pros and cons to everything, but I see this being used reeeeaal quick for things we won't like!

http://www.baitcar.com/sites/baitcar-com.bryght.net/files/alpr.wmv

:eye:

Ben:addict:

nene
January 12th, 2007, 20:53
Wow indeed.

Charles DLF
January 15th, 2007, 14:21
looks like the sgt forgot his seat belt!!!! got a fine two days ago for that matter, because i took my seat belt off to look back when parking!!!! i hate those dumb f**k who try to get you because we drive nice cars!

No offense to all our fellow board members that are in the police, just a certain number of people out there are frustrated!!

Anyway, scary stuff

Cheers

Erik
January 15th, 2007, 14:34
LOL! The seat belt!

Otherwise SCARY!

LU-RS6
January 15th, 2007, 16:08
Big brother is watching you...
Anyway I am scared they will use the MAUT system in Germany for passenger cars too..making us pay for every km we drive.

So long anonymous driving...

http://www.bundesregierung.de/sid_161D8D81621061E9EC9F143C17F0207E/nsc_true/Content/DE/Artikel/2006/04/__Bilder/die-lkw-maut-funktioniert-reibungslos985037,property=poster.jpg

Benman
January 15th, 2007, 16:52
looks like the sgt forgot his seat belt!!!!

Unfortunately, there are a lot of cops that are "above" the law and abuse their power. For example, seat belts (as you mentioned), another is cell phones, yet another is speeding (and I mean big time), and yet the biggest (at least to me) is turning on the lights just cause they don't want to sit at a red light! Once through the intersection, they of course turn them off as the "emergency" has obviously ended...:eye: :w: , yet we will get huge fines for running reds...:nana:

Some cops are cool, a lot are not so much...

MR USER
January 15th, 2007, 17:54
As you can read in Evo magazine... He only one left that can have fun on our roads are the police officers driving their cars... Especially the italian ones driving the gallardo!!!

mr
January 16th, 2007, 13:31
Big brother is watching you...
Anyway I am scared they will use the MAUT system in Germany for passenger cars too..making us pay for every km we drive.

So long anonymous driving...

Here in Austria they're also planning a system that monitors the whole traffic. They're going to have a system called "section control" where the time from one gate built over the Autobahn to the next one is being calculated and when your average speed is higher than the speed you are allowed to go you get fined automatised.
The system is already installed in a lot of tunnels in Austria with really good cameras - so there are no classic "radar - boxes" any more.

well ... if the system really gets installed all over Austria then all cars with more than 150 hp get useless in my eyes.

just my thoughts

rgds
mr

Benman
January 16th, 2007, 15:38
well ... if the system really gets installed all over Austria then all cars with more than 150 hp get useless in my eyes.

just my thoughts

rgds
mr

Excellent point. Once these systems are installed everywhere it will be fuel sippers for me. I mean, what is the point of owning cars like RS 6s, M5s, Ferraris, GT3s only to go 60mph in the slow lane???:eye: :vhmmm:

If that future comes true, it will suck!

Charles DLF
January 16th, 2007, 16:01
thank god back roads exist!!! and we'll always have fun there... come on guys, cheer up, don't let them get to you, and FIGHT :idea: :argue:

LU-RS6
January 16th, 2007, 16:20
They're going to have a system called "section control" where the time from one gate built over the Autobahn to the next one is being calculated and when your average speed is higher than the speed you are allowed to go you get fined automatised.

They are truly making us into robots :nana:
They have the system already in holland, I've posted this before somewhere. Here are the sections again:
http://www.flitsers.nl/trajectcontroles

I have heard numerous times that they are also doing this in France between the "péages", but I never saw this confirmed by anyone getting fined. Maybe our French members can confirm this?

Honestly, all this bad news is making me feel good about owning an RS6 NOW. Because I am afraid that for public driving these cars will be pointless in 5-10 years from now.

How many times do I have to tell all these lawmakers again: do not reduce accidents by reducing speed, reduce accidents by learning people how to drive properly and attentively! :w::w::w:

Frustrating Regards
LU-RS6

Charles DLF
January 16th, 2007, 16:40
I have heard numerous times that they are also doing this in France between the "péages", but I never saw this confirmed by anyone getting fined. Maybe our French members can confirm this?

they have special days in france, during which when you get to a "peage" (= highway toll), they calculate your speed over the stretch of highway(using the ticket you take when entering the highway) , by dividing your time by the number of miles you travalled. I once happened to drive on one of those days, and my average speed was 152km/h instead of 130km/h, but what i never told them is that i took a 15 minute break to fill the car up... my speed was really much closer to 180... Anyway, the police can't use that kind of info against you, it's just a matter of getting you to realise what speed you're going, 'cause since you're a dummy, you can'tt read your speedo :revs: :doh:

Anyway, not really applicable, because if you're just out for a fast spin, and just want to fool around, you'll drop by a gas station for 20 minutes so that your speed comes out clear...

LU-RS6
January 16th, 2007, 16:55
I was once stopped right before Basel coming from Mullhouse, drove by a copcar (renault clio) at about 180 km/h... they stopped me at the border and gave me a preach, I remember him pointing at the police sign on his car telling me: "Monsieur ça se ne dit pas fromage hein!" :D

Fortunately they let me pass, but the swiss cops gave me another preach and made me change a tire at around 2 AM because they thought there was not enough profile on it, which was not the case:w:

And just 2 weeks ago they lasered me around Colmar :w: 159 km/h which resulted in EUR 90,-, which I think is acceptable. So I refuse to drive through France again, I always make a detour and take the A5 right accros the border in Germany :0: