PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Evil vanos
January 9th, 2007, 16:58
Hello Every Body if you know your German cars you will know what car I currently drive by my user name!!

I am in the market for a new(er) car as the M5 boot can take a "Travel system" and two largish sports bags but thats about it plus its 6 years old now,so I went to both Audi and Mercedes (new M5 Estate not out for about 6 months and will be £65k) to look at RS6 avants and E55 AMG esates,having looked in the classifieds I seem to be looking at 2003 plate Audis as my Budget is around £35k,now before everyone starts telling me how much faster the RS6 on twistys ect ect I have a good HONEST opinion of the 3 BEST Super Saloons/Avants in the World they are nearly all the same performance wise give or take half a second and in real world with shopping and kids in car it dont count for s*it Iam a member of M5 Board.com so Ive herd stories galore and as a long time "Guest" on this site Ive again seen stories galore so my Questions are

1-What Faults should I be looking for(weak points) on the M5
VANOS,Clutch
2-Do Audi do anything about these Fault under Re-calls ect (BMW used to Deny any problems with Vanos

bbigman2000
January 9th, 2007, 22:56
sent you a PM bud,

Im an Ex M5 owner, its a good car but not in the same league, I assume you mean the E39 M5.

Despite what stats and sites and magazines tell you, my real world road use experiance tells me the RS6 is an awesome super car, the M5 is an outdated barge !! And you cannot use it in the wet mate.