PDA

View Full Version : VAG Error Code

rsharv
January 9th, 2007, 13:34
Hi,

Just had my car on vag-com to look at my TV issue, and I have an engine error code: 17983 - Right Engine Mount Solenoid Valve (N145) Short to Plus

Have looked around and can't find out what this is, does anyone know exactly what this is?

Many thanks in advance!

skiwi
January 9th, 2007, 17:47
the car has engine mounts that are stiffened at high engine speeds, and softened at idle. your rhs (looking towards the front) mount has a problem. you can see the mount from under the car, check the wiring, it could be as simple as the connector has come loose. otherwise, it will need to be replaced...

perform a output test on it to check, you should hear the solenoid click.

rsharv
January 9th, 2007, 17:53
Thanks for the resposne, will try that on Saturday and let you know. By chance do you know if they are expensive and also rough labour time to replace if it is faulty?

Many thanks

Chris

skiwi
January 9th, 2007, 18:11
you should also check the wiring...

after you hve removed the plug, check internal resistance, it should be 18 to 26 Ω.

check the voltage of connector 1 (lhs looking at the connector) against ground with the ignition on, should be 12v.

put a 12v led against connector contact 1 & 2, and undertake dtm (with ignition on), and the led should flash...

Lateknight
January 9th, 2007, 18:35
Part about £110 (ukprice).
part no. 4B3199379B or 4B3199379G (its changed part number recently)

Looks a bit of an arse to get to. Its 'hidden' underneath the Housing for the oil cooler and filter. Best access will be from underneath the car
Best check it out first before bunging another one on it though.

:thumb: