PDA

View Full Version : New addition to the garage

bilbozilla
January 9th, 2007, 01:42
actually, it replaced the Maserati. So far, it's been a great car. They damaged the lower lip in the front during transit so I'm waiting for that piece. I love purpose-built cars. I didn't get the PCCBs. I'll be tracking it alot, but not racing it. I couldn't wait for the RS.

Cale24
January 9th, 2007, 10:39
Brilliant car, one of Porsche's best in years. That motor is incredible. Congrats!

Erik
January 9th, 2007, 10:48
That's probably the best Porsche you can buy at the moment, for the money.

And the color is the latest fashion.

Any plans to track it?

bilbozilla
January 9th, 2007, 12:44
That's probably the best Porsche you can buy at the moment, for the money.

And the color is the latest fashion.

Any plans to track it?

Definitely. I haven't had a chance to check the schedule at Infineon, but I'll be there shortly. The engine is incredible.

Ruergard
January 9th, 2007, 13:23
Congrtulations!

A fantastic car it is... the engine is amazing!

JavierNuvolari
January 9th, 2007, 13:24
NICE NICE NICE, definetely my favorite Porsche of the moment. Great buy, hope you enjoy.

Cheers,

Javier

Charles DLF
January 9th, 2007, 15:01
so is the gt3 your daily driver???? how easy is it to live with a track built car??? Great car BTW, many congrats!

Benman
January 9th, 2007, 15:30
Bilbozilla:cheers:

Congrats!:heart: The GT3 is beautiful! I'm sure you won't miss the Maserati too much since if you need a fast 4 door, you always have the wife's E55.:hahahehe:

Looking forward to a trackday write up.:thumb: :cheers:

Ben:addict:

Fab
January 9th, 2007, 15:30
The best Porsche you can get for serious driving

well done :thumb:

bilbozilla
January 9th, 2007, 21:42
Bilbozilla:cheers:

Congrats!:heart: The GT3 is beautiful! I'm sure you won't miss the Maserati too much since if you need a fast 4 door, you always have the wife's E55.:hahahehe:

Looking forward to a trackday write up.:thumb: :cheers:

It's lacking a safety device that flashes a red hand on a HUD to tell you to slow down. The car just rips. The Maserati is missed just a little bit (I now get 14 MPG vs. 8):rotflmao:

I'll get a trackday writeup when I get it it out there.

Benman
January 9th, 2007, 23:18
The Maserati is missed just a little bit (I now get 14 MPG vs. 8):rotflmao:

Wow, nearly double! You practically went out and got yourself an econocar! LOL!:applause:

AndyBG
January 9th, 2007, 23:36
Nothin else to say, just FANTASTIC !!!

You got yourself one of the best possible cars on the market, ENJOY IT ! :thumb:

LU-RS6
January 10th, 2007, 01:58
Beautiful ride you have gotten yourself. You should definately hit the track with that beast. Enjoy and stay safe!

Best regards
LU-RS6

nene
January 10th, 2007, 02:16
Congrats. That is one serious machine.

S6LANA
January 10th, 2007, 10:04
Quite a fine stable you have there mate. :bigeyes:

Can't wait to see and hear more.

Good luck with her.

:cheers:

tazsura
January 10th, 2007, 10:39
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I'm in love. Great choice. Enjoy it! :race: :incar: :jlol: :revs:

Taz

Klint
January 10th, 2007, 13:08
Josh,

Great choice, better than the F430 idea you had planned originally!

AndyBG
January 10th, 2007, 13:36
Josh,

Much better !

This is proper sports car, I have to congratulate you once again.

Enjoy it !

Lateknight
January 10th, 2007, 22:05
Hmmm...Nice !! :heart:

:applause:

A most excellent choice sir.

Cant see much point in the RS version anyway.
Lot of extra money for not much more than 2 extra letters (even though they are fairly evocative letters in Porsche and Audi world).

Lovin' to hear more.

:cheers:

bilbozilla
January 11th, 2007, 00:14

430's still coming. This car is much more usable. 800 miles on it so far. A couple of observations: (these are not complaints)

1) The PASM shouldn't be set for firm on the street. On smaller bumps, the lightweight car in "firm" (relative terms) wants to go skipping off the road.
2) The engine doesn't slow you down when you let off the throttle. I need to put my radar detector in NOW.
3) The car is incredible.

I've got a friend who has an RS coming and he said the only reason why he got his vs. the standard GT3 was the exclusivity factor - 229 vehicles coming to the US vs. 1,000 +/-. The RS is also much more track-ready than the GT3. By not ordering the aircon & the sunroof, both of which are "necessarry options" for US spec GT3s, the GT3 RS is already 100+ pounds lighter. With the slightly wider track, the lighter weight, and the lower center of gravity, the RS will most likely be the faster vehicle in the hands of the same driver, but I imagine they will both be just as much fun to drive and the differences will be measured more with the stopwatch than side by side comparisons.

I have no regrets, and the car is truly a beast.

Klint
January 11th, 2007, 02:01
J,

Did notice the sunroof, didn't know it's part of the standard spec in the states.