PDA

View Full Version : Sorry BMW could not wait any longer..

M3_Defector
January 8th, 2007, 20:08
Got rid of my 2002 M3, what a beast that car was! A lot of S4s got slayed by this car...pure fun, only 6 months a year. Absolutly could not drive in the snow :snow: which was a major decision to going to Audi this year.

Just glad I did it, because if any of the spy shots that have been floating around is any indication of what to expect, Audi should be getting a ton of orders by year end. What a horrible looking car :bigeyes:

Placed my order for a Phantom Black over the weekend, only issue I had was with the sales lady. I knew more about the car than she did! In any event..RS4 with Silver guts. Have not seen this combo yet..hope I did the right thing there.

What's the deal with the IPOD integration, hopefully by March-April Timeframe it would be ready in the RS4.

Good bye M3 Hello :rs4addict

Signed M3 Defector!

Cale24
January 8th, 2007, 20:25
Smart man- you will love the RS4, its a sure thing!

nene
January 8th, 2007, 20:30
You won't be disappointed. Congrats.

LU-RS6
January 8th, 2007, 22:02
only issue I had was with the sales lady. I knew more about the car than she did!

LOL I hate that feeling too! Man, these days those sales people treat you as arrogant if you have documented yourself a bit about the (expensive) product you are about to buy.

In any case, congrats on your decision. Though with global warming the coming years maybe you will not have the snow issue anymore :applause:

Best regards and good luck in being patient!

Leadfoot
January 8th, 2007, 22:03
Must have been the bi-turbo S4, because I doubt if you would have as you put it slayed a S4v8. I'm not saying it wouldn't have been close but slayed, don't think so.

Damienr8
January 8th, 2007, 23:11
Must have been the bi-turbo S4, because I doubt if you would have as you put it slayed a S4v8. I'm not saying it wouldn't have been close but slayed, don't think so.

I know lol "slayed" is a harsh word. I think you can just stick with "beat"

Lateknight
January 9th, 2007, 02:05
Congrats on an excellent purchase.
Once youv'e had the car for a few days or so, I dont think you'll regret your purchase.

Real shame about your sales lady though. Taints the buying experience when you know more info on the car than they have. :noshake:
I think this is where the arrogance comes from that LU-RS6 was referring to. They are ashamed of their lack of knowledge, and up the 'snootiness' to compensate.

Be sure to let us know how you get on.
Can never have too many M3 vs RS4 comparisons.:thumb:

M3_Defector
January 9th, 2007, 02:16
Slayed is accurate, However was referring to the previous generation of S4's not the new one. I don't think global warming will be our issue, as it was flipping 74 F here in NYC over the weekend. I think our issue as car owners will be who will purchase from us or what will the dealers with a trade in as the hybrids & electric cars gain more traction. Opps did I forget I live in US and captialism rules, hmm oil = $$ Big money..probably not an issue?? Not until Bush is out of office at least. :rs6kiss:

Mori
January 9th, 2007, 02:35
iPod integration is installed on my car and works fine. Europe though. You don't get in USA yet? Its an easy retrofit from what I've heard - you plug it in place of the CD Changer which is mounted in the glovebox. Just get the changer in case there are no cables when you don't order it, or perhaps the inside of the glovebox is different and it should be easy to retrofit it.

Ruergard
January 9th, 2007, 10:25
Congratz!

The waiting has started then... but it's worth it! :)

gazzab
January 11th, 2007, 10:49
Join the gang, I had the M3 until May last year and the RS4 since August, definitely no regrets.

Gazzab

M3_Defector
January 11th, 2007, 21:01
Join the gang, I had the M3 until May last year and the RS4 since August, definitely no regrets.

Gazzab

So you can appreciate my settiments and provide some insight. What am I in for? This button that I have read about that opens up the 2nd exhaust, is that like the sport button in the M3? How is the gas milage treating you? Do you see any other RS4 drivers where you are. Do tell:dig:

gazzab
January 11th, 2007, 21:12
Hi M3 Defector, absolutely no regrets what so ever. Have you seen Jeremy Clarkson's Fifth Gear piece on the RS4, he mentions the M3 a couple times during that video, RS4 a better engine etc. Also see my Mission Orgasm thread on this board. I believe there were only forty cars coming into Australia in the first year.

Yes fuel usage is heavy, I reckon I do about 20 mpg on average.

Here in Melbourne Australia there are four of us who have met up. I know of 5 cars locally where I live!!!

The S button does three things, remaps the throttle response, so is more responsive, opens up a flap in the exhasut to give you a more meatier sound or roar, and finally a small increase in horsepower.

Cheers Gazzab

Mori
January 11th, 2007, 22:27
The S button does three things, remaps the throttle response, so is more responsive, opens up a flap in the exhasut to give you a more meatier sound or roar, and finally a small increase in horsepower.

AFAIK there is no increase in HP. Care to confirm this with any documentation?

The S button stiffens the side bolsters on the seats.

gazzab
January 12th, 2007, 09:16
Mori, I read it somewhere, something like 8 HP, will try and find the article.

Gazzab

AndyBG
January 12th, 2007, 10:24
... Have you seen Jeremy Clarkson's Fifth Gear piece on the RS4, ...

Litle corection.. It's TOP GEAR, not FIFTH GEAR... :thumb:

Leadfoot
January 12th, 2007, 21:25
Gazzab,

To the best of my knowledge the S-button doesn't provide any increase in HP. In Europe the S-button sharpens the throttle, opens and changes the exhaust note and tightens the seat bolsters, sadly the last thing (seat bolsters) are only on the sports recaros and not the seats which the car is supplied with in the States.

It is the most amazing mid-size sports/saloon car, it can hold it's own with the EVOs on the twisties, destroy the likes of the M3s and Scoobys and leave all of them on the straights. It ride well, is build like a tank and has to quality feel of a Breitling watch. It doesn't look out of place at an expensive restaurant and at the same time get it's fair share of looks at a Max Power meeting.

Need I say more, you have made a wish choice.:thumb:

M3_Defector
January 12th, 2007, 22:20
Gazzab,

It doesn't look out of place at an expensive restaurant

Need I say more, you have made a wish choice.:thumb:

And living in NYC this is a very important activity when the Valet pulls your car around and some hot chic is standing next to you! :cool2:

Mori
January 13th, 2007, 04:32
And living in NYC this is a very important activity when the Valet pulls your car around and some hot chic is standing next to you! :cool2:

Would never let a valet touch my car. :rs4kiss: