PDA

View Full Version : 2008 RS6 interior

diesel king
January 8th, 2007, 03:22
Well we are taking the RS6 plunge and we are "#3 on the list" at Carousel Audi in Minnesota. I have prepared my wife for the likelihood of only being able to only get a black or silver interior.

I would like to pursue purchasing a sizable chunk of "amaretto" leather that is currently found on the A8. (My wife loved the teak nappa leather in her v10 touareg and she would be equally happy with VWs teak)

Can anybody recommend a source for the actual leather Audi uses. If their source is an unavailble trade secret where would I look for a facsimile?

Was amaretto ever an A6 option in in the states or over seas? It sure would make certain aspects of adding some color to the cockpit easier!

Thanks-Chris:s4addict: :addict:

bbigman2000
January 8th, 2007, 20:40
Brave man, buying it and you dont even know what engine its getting yet !

LU-RS6
January 8th, 2007, 21:29
Brave man, buying it and you dont even know what engine its getting yet !

If you can rely on the past you've got nothing to worry about :jlol:

diesel king
January 9th, 2007, 04:32
I just don't see Audi doing something as unpopular as putting a natuarlly aspirated 500 hp motor into the next beast.:nono:

In the unlikely even that they do we can cancel the order.

I am still hoping for leads on ordering tanned cow hide!!!!:vhmmm:

The RS6
January 9th, 2007, 12:54
http://img464.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00371lk7.jpg
This is from a brand new A8, maybe you'll be able to order something like that :dance:

scottmandu
January 11th, 2007, 01:37
I've tried to locate replacement leather from the companies who make the seat coves for Audi and they are tight lipped. Purchase of a thousand hides will probably loosen them up. I know Silk Nappa leather is a Connelly product. I'm not sure where buffalino, valcona, or cricket leathers can be obtained.

Finalmix
January 11th, 2007, 08:14
MSRP on 08' rs6? What did the dealer estimate you at?

diesel king
January 13th, 2007, 20:31
Dealer guessed at $100,000 base, $110,00 with carbon fiber and technology package.

bbigman2000
January 13th, 2007, 20:43
Agreed, I think they will go 580bhp TT V10

Should be unbelievable

Lateknight
January 13th, 2007, 21:23
Dealer guessed at $100,000 base, $110,00 with carbon fiber and technology package.

Jesus, thats the only equivalent of RS4 Cabriolet money here in the U.K. :bigeyes:

You certainly are privleged when it comes to the cost of your Audis in the States :deal: (even though you may not think it).

On the leather subject, finding out who makes certain leathers should not be too difficult. Every seat base and back cover has a production sample label on the inside of the cover, giving production date, a sample code, and a 3 digit code designating the manufacturer (these are there to aid any possible warranty claims due to a defect in the leather).
Although I certainly wouldn't advocating un-stitching a seat just to get to this info.
There are other ways of getting this info - depending on how friendly your local Audi agent is !!
But - as scottmandu states - getting this leather direct from the said company is probably going to be your biggest problem anyway. Best off speaking to Connolly (or similar) they should be able to get something really close.

diesel king
January 13th, 2007, 21:57
Great information, thank you!

(Lateknight, have you publicly wagered your 500-600hp guess yet for the V10 RS6? Twin turbo or not?)

Lateknight
January 14th, 2007, 01:06
Throwing my hat in the ring:

It WILL be turbocharged - 540ps....... :rs6kiss:
580ps just seems a bit too much. It is a huge step up from anything Audi have produced before, or are about to do. - I'm sure the engines capable but I would have concerns for the chassis to cope with nigh on 600ps comfortably.

Could use V.T.G turbos (thanks Porsche) for crisp, near zero lag response.

Photos on the worldcarfans website show the alleged S6 based test mule with bonnet vents -why would they be there otherwise? if not for additional cooling for turbos.
The exhaust has changed, and curiously, the day running lights have dissapeared !!. The bonnet doesn't seem to fit well - not signs of a tuning company modified S6 -as has been suggested -but of a test mule car.
The car does appear to be running on standard S6 sized brakes though - not overly clever for a car with an extra 100ps.

The logical thing would be for Audi to produce a naturally aspirated, higher RPM version of the S6 V10 (ie - like the relationship between the S4 and RS4 V8s)
Comparative lack of torque in a 2 tonne 6 speed car suggests this should not be the case.

Without official news or leaks from Audi no-one can be sure of any of this. I have spoken to a guy within Audi UK about the new RS6, and all he would admit is that there will be one. Anything else he either couldn't or wouldn't say.

Mori
January 14th, 2007, 01:09
I'm betting on an 8000rpm NA.

BBGT2
January 14th, 2007, 01:29
Dieselking, I would like to congratulate you on your order. But I honestly dont see it possible for Audi to deliver the RS6 to the US in 2008, possibly late 2008 but I wouldnt get your hopes up too high.
There are Porsche dealers taking deposits on 997GT2 and there is no solid plan that it will be coming anytime soon.
I hope I am wrong about this as it is very exciting news to hear, dealers are usually last to know in some cases. Especially Audi dealers here in the US.

Bajo