PDA

View Full Version : Battery

bobjebb
January 5th, 2007, 12:12
Car been in the garage for weeks, went to take it out, and nothing.... Had jumpers on it for 2o mins, volts dont seemt o want to go above 12...

any suggestions, thank you.

bbigman2000
January 5th, 2007, 21:19
Call Audi assist ? You may well need a new battery fella.

bobjebb
January 5th, 2007, 21:47
All done - Audi Assist (actually RAC) were very good. Got her started, full check to make sure there was no irregular draining. Took it for a 40 min blast and and it's fine. Lesson learnt: Don't leave your RS6 untouched for a month.

Tomas
January 25th, 2007, 01:31
Car been in the garage for weeks, went to take it out, and nothing.... Had jumpers on it for 2o mins, volts dont seemt o want to go above 12...

any suggestions, thank you.

Hi

I had a simeler problem with my rs6 (also tuned) I lost about 60 hp tested in the dyno and it took some time before we found the ploblem bad grond from the generator and som diods in the generator was broke. My car was not loding the battery to more than 13v it sems like if the generator dont give 14-15v some of the computers in the car is shutting down the power.

Regards Tomas:mech:

skiwi
January 25th, 2007, 07:23
the way to handle this sort of situation is either:
1) you have vag-com, and set the car into "transport mode" which turns off all (most) applicances.
2) ask audi to do the same, and then reset when you return...

LU-RS6
January 27th, 2007, 17:32
Lesson learnt: Don't leave your RS6 untouched for a month.

I don't think that'll ever be the case :hihi: I'm going nuts when I can't drive it for a day :D