PDA

View Full Version : I-Pod Option

oleg_ku
January 4th, 2007, 10:14
Is there anyone, who was brave enough and ordered Ipod connector instead of 6 CD-Changer?

I'm thinking what would be the best option! :mech:

Fab
January 4th, 2007, 12:56
I got both and I am only using the ipod. Its great. Forget the CD charger.

oleg_ku
January 4th, 2007, 13:02
Fab Thanks for advice.

BUT! With NaviPlus only one option is available - CD-Changer OR I-Pod!
Conservatism in me tells me to take cd-changer, but I'm I-Pod fun.

Will I be able to play cds in NaviPlus without cd-changer?

Fab
January 4th, 2007, 14:45
Weel this is correct and uncorrect :

You can definitely order the car with both this is for shure as I did it.

Why did I take both ? Exactly for the same reason i.e. used to have the CD charger in the past.

The only issue is that you need to ask you dealer to get you a "dual plug" so that you can switch form the ipod to the CD charger in case you have some CD with you.

But with my experience go for the ipod if you must choose between the 2.

oleg_ku
January 4th, 2007, 14:57
How exectly Ipod is used in MMI. Is it possible to browse songs, artists, categories thru MMI Screen like in IPod?

LukeDog
January 10th, 2007, 19:00
January 4th, 2007 07:57

oleg_ku How exectly Ipod is used in MMI. Is it possible to browse songs, artists, categories thru MMI Screen like in IPod?

You can not view the songs, artists, etc via the MMI screen, but it does show up on your i-pod.

I just had it installed, and i'd say wait for a better interface. My Sat. radio is still not working after the installation, an of course no CD changer.

Mori
January 10th, 2007, 20:25
I have the iPod option. Its great.

The first 5 playlists that you make on your iPod are CD1 to CD5 respectively. CD6 plays all the songs on the iPod.

So my playlists are just named "Car - Hip Hop", "Car - Oldies", "Car - Favourites" etc. My other playlists that I listen to when walking, etc. all have names beginning with letters higher than C so its not a problem, but they are not accessible from the MMI. If it really bugs you then name them ".Something1", etc. That should put them up at the top.

CD6 plays everything that you have of course. You can select shuffle mode aswell on any playlist.

It does not show ID3 tag info on the MMI screen, but I don't care - 80gigs of music is what I need. :D

You can't order both the iPod and CD Changer in an RS4 - both are installed in exactly the SAME place.

Fab: can you please post a picture of where your iPod connector is and where the CDChanger is?