PDA

View Full Version : BorgWarner Supplies Ward's '10 Best Engines 2007'

AndyBG
January 4th, 2007, 03:24
AUBURN HILLS, MI -- The BorgWarner Engine Group supplies systems and components for six of the "10 Best Engines 2007" selected by Ward's Auto World, including:

* Audi AG 2L turbocharged DOHC I-4
* DaimlerChrysler AG Hemi 5.7L OHV V-8
* DaimlerChrysler AG 3L DOHC V-6 turbodiesel
* Ford Motor Co. Duratec 35 3.5L DOHC V-6
* Ford Motor Co. 4.6L SOHC V-8
* Nissan Motor Co. Ltd. 3.5L DOHC V-6

Turbochargers, engine timing systems, oil pumps, solenoid exhaust gas recirculation valves and BERU instant starting systems and glow plugs are some of the technologies BorgWarner produces for engines on the distinguished list.

"Systems and components for engines now account for about 68 percent of our global business. We are proud to contribute the important benefits of fuel economy, reduced emissions and enhanced performance to these notable powertrains," said Tim Manganello, BorgWarner Chairman and CEO. "We congratulate our winning customers - Audi, Ford, Nissan and DaimlerChrysler."

Over the past 13 years, the Ward's 10 Best Engines program has built a reputation as the auto industry's annual barometer of powertrain expertise. Bill Visnic, Ward's Auto World senior technical editor, commented, "Instead of displacement, we're seeing a number of technical means to deliver the power all drivers find satisfying and comforting, while enabling a shift toward increased fuel economy that will improve the environment and enhance the nation's energy security."

Nominations for the award are limited to engines that are available in a regular-production, U.S.-specification model on sale no later than the first quarter of 2007 in a vehicle priced no more than $54,000.

Auburn Hills, Michigan-based BorgWarner Inc. (NYSE:BWA) is a product leader in highly engineered components and systems for vehicle powertrain applications worldwide. The FORTUNE 500 company operates manufacturing and technical facilities in 63 locations in 18 countries. Customers include Ford, VW/Audi, DaimlerChrysler, General Motors, Toyota, Renault/Nissan, Hyundai/Kia, Honda, BMW, Caterpillar, Navistar International, and Peugeot. The Internet address for BorgWarner is: http://www.borgwarner.com/.

Leadfoot
January 4th, 2007, 15:35
What, four out of six of them were American engines. I wish there was an award for the best suspension system, there wouldn't be an American one is sight.

Lateknight
January 10th, 2007, 00:11
Fo Mo Co 4.6L sohc - How on earth is that still getting voted one of the best :confused:

Some backhanders going on here, I think :cheers:

Leadfoot
January 10th, 2007, 13:43
I know what you mean Lateknight, all these awards go to their bigger customers, so don't read to much into it.