PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Oxygen Sensors

quick500
January 2nd, 2007, 13:16
Guys,

Ive discovered that my car has failed O/S but im unsure which sensor corresponds to which plugs. Can someone tell me which sensor corresponds to the following:

Green 4Pin Plug
Brown 4Pin Plug

Thanks in advance

groupbq
January 2nd, 2007, 22:29
According to the Bentley manual:

4-pin green is the right bank oxygen sensor behind the catalytic converter.

4-pin brown is the left bank oxygen sensor behind the catalytic converter.

Gregg

Aronis
January 2nd, 2007, 23:11
from what I recall there are FOUR O/S on the RS6, two which are easy to get at and two which require an Engine Pull to change.

Good luck....

Hey, can you simply wire two together to 'fool' the computer?

Mike

quick500
January 3rd, 2007, 00:24
Groupbq: okay, but i dont see where the top O2 Sensors would go unless they share the black plug? If so then it makes sense

groupbq
January 3rd, 2007, 02:34
The 4 pin black plug to the right of the brown plug (as you are facing the firewall) is for the right bank oxygen sensor in front of the catalytic converter. These green, brown and black connectors are behind the right cylinder head.

There is another 4 pin connector (color unspecified) that is behind the left cylinder head (on the right side of the firewall as you are facing it) that is for the left bank oxygen sensor in front of the catalytic converter. This connector is just to the left of a grey 3-pin connector.

I am reading this from the Bentley manual, which actually has a good diagram of the engine management components. My car is an S6, which is similar, but has some different color coding for the oxygen sensor connectors. Good luck!

quick500
January 3rd, 2007, 03:23
Okay, just did some trial and error and found that by plugging the green plug into the black socket and vice versa the car runs alot better not 100% but the huge miss is gone.

The problem is the left bank (looking at firewall) seems to run very lean even at idle. Disconnecting any of the coils on this bank makes no noticeable change to the engines note. But when i swapped the green to black etc the engine ran even Bank 1 and Bank 2 and by disconnecting a coil pack on the left bank the engine note now changes.