PDA

View Full Version : DRC Repair Manual

gforce
January 1st, 2007, 15:04
Hey Guys,

I was wondering if anyone had a Copy of the DRC Repair add-in for the Audi Manual?

I want to get my Shocks fixed but Do not want to have to go back more than once unless neccecary

Thanks In Advance

LIRS6
January 2nd, 2007, 00:25
This is not exactly what you are looking for, but a good source of info .. even for your dealer http://academy.accessaudi.com/files/SSPs/991303_RS6.pdf

bbigman2000
January 2nd, 2007, 13:22
Awesome link thanks for that LIRS6

Marcus Frost
January 14th, 2007, 00:06
Every RS6 owner should download the link provided by LIRS6...

Thanks for linking that guide, I have it for the B5 S4 and RS4, they are great resources.

-m

Hy Octane
January 14th, 2007, 01:54
Every Audi mechanic should download it as well..

george h
January 14th, 2007, 21:31
Yes, I feel like quizzing the service department on this document as regards my own suspension issue. I sort of get off on showing them
they don't know what they're doing. But actually getting them to do
it is proving to be the hard part of course.

george h
January 17th, 2007, 20:59
I can see that the dealership's resistance to fully resolving my issue is mounting. I called Audi RS6 customer service (866-892-2834) and let
them know that on p 43 of the Self Study Program book (link kindly
provided by LI RS6) it says "The pre-filled, ready to install central valve
must always be replaced because it ensures necessary system pressure."

The rep goes "where did you get that, the internet?" and I'm like "you
bet. We customers gotta do what we can to keep everything honest,"
and he was not real pleased. Meanwhile, the dealership service dept is
saying their Audi technical advisor said don't replace the central valve,
just replace the "struts." From all that I am learning here, they are wrong
and if someone from Audi told them that, they're either misleading me or
worse.

Can anyone tell me when the updated DRC manual should have been
passed around? I will need to tell them that too, I can see.

Thanks all...

Aronis
January 17th, 2007, 21:43
Look....it's simple.....the techs/mechanics simply cannot be bothered READING.....

I brought a copy of that book to my dealer, and they NEVER even looked at it.

Now I understand the comment of "from the internet" because I get that all the time as patients try to digest the huge amount of medical information AND missinformation from the internet,,,,but the DRC repair manual IS WRITTEN BY and WRITTEN FOR AUDI ...it's not some other third party Opinion about or "experience With"....

Provide them with AUDI PRINTED, AUDI LABELED booklets and they simply will NOT read it....lazy bastards....talk about arrogants...don't bring up all the bad memories I have of my DRC repair saga......

Mike

rubyblack
January 19th, 2007, 07:21
Awesome link there dude. Do you happen to know if there is a similar link for a B6 S4 and B6 A4 pls?? :idea:

george h
January 19th, 2007, 14:55
now the dealer and the Audi RS6 "Advocacy" (advocacy for whom?) team are disavowing any responsibility to observe the guidelines in the Self Study Guide. "It was published a long time ago," (OK, so it's been updated? Tell me more!) "It's not a repair manual," (OK, so does the repair manual reflect this repair step - replacing the central valve if there is a leak?). Dealer says they've followed the technical department instructions. period. come get the car, give back the loaner or we are charging you for that.

Nuisance!

Hy Octane
January 19th, 2007, 17:58
Please take a moment to file a complaint against AoA with the DOT. The more who report DRC failures, the better chance a proper recall will be done for all..

Thanks!

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

george h
January 19th, 2007, 18:49
Thanks for providing this. I'm with you on this.

george h
January 19th, 2007, 19:00
audi not listed as manufacturer?

rubyblack
January 20th, 2007, 06:51
The issue of repetitive failures on DRC system components is indeed a global issue on the RS6 derivitive. There are similar threads cropping up on motoring forums about this very subject, surely someone in Audi head office reads the online reporting system......:eek:

:addict: :dig:

Hy Octane
January 20th, 2007, 19:12
audi not listed as manufacturer?

go to the 'File a Complaint" section..

Aronis
January 20th, 2007, 21:01
Please take a moment to file a complaint against AoA with the DOT. The more who report DRC failures, the better chance a proper recall will be done for all..

Thanks!

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

put my two cents in there.....months ago, never even a follow up call, email, postal mail.....

Bottom line...
Low Volume, High End car.....No Victim, NO CRIME, No RESPONSE.

Mike

george h
January 26th, 2007, 01:23
audi seems to have owned up to the issue, and my central valve will be replaced. I salute the Princeton Audi service manager who (apparently) went to bat for me and got the work authorized.

the lesson is push firmly and the car will get fixed. final report when I get it back next week.

ruxprncd
January 26th, 2007, 01:39
Good to hear, George. Let's hope that over time this will not be quite as much of a battle when it happens.

RS246
February 3rd, 2007, 21:11
This is not exactly what you are looking for, but a good source of info .. even for your dealer http://academy.accessaudi.com/files/SSPs/991303_RS6.pdf

Could you get hold of this for a 2002 A6 Avant 2.7 Bi-turbo Tip too ?

I would really love to get hold of that....

DHall1
January 8th, 2009, 19:56
:rolleyes: "Dr Mike,

I think I have this thing called PAD. I saw this message on the TV about this disease.

Please Accept this dead Drc. PAD"

As a side note-this link is now blocked. Does anyone have it saved?

Thanks,
Dave

Look....it's simple.....the techs/mechanics simply cannot be bothered READING.....

I brought a copy of that book to my dealer, and they NEVER even looked at it.

Now I understand the comment of "from the internet" because I get that all the time as patients try to digest the huge amount of medical information AND missinformation from the internet,,,,but the DRC repair manual IS WRITTEN BY and WRITTEN FOR AUDI ...it's not some other third party Opinion about or "experience With"....

Provide them with AUDI PRINTED, AUDI LABELED booklets and they simply will NOT read it....lazy bastards....talk about arrogants...don't bring up all the bad memories I have of my DRC repair saga......

Mike