PDA

View Full Version : My Friends first car!

F11
January 1st, 2007, 06:41
Check this out. My friend just picked up his first car. He doesn't even have his license yet! Nice RS4 though!

Ruergard
January 1st, 2007, 10:25
Speechless... a better start in "carlife" is hard to get. Amazing car, looks fabolous!

Congratz to your friend!

jasaretta
January 1st, 2007, 20:54
Sure beats my 1969 Alfa Rome Series 1 105 LOL

Mr Balsen
January 1st, 2007, 21:05
Amazing car but I can only recommend your friend to take driving lessons and join a club to participate a track days to improve his driving skills and know better the RS4. It will avoid him to put himself in dangerous situations with horrible consequences.....

Cheers,
Frederic

Niklas
January 2nd, 2007, 15:36
Great car !!!

i would also like to be the son of a rich man.

my first car - Audi a3 -97.

Benman
January 2nd, 2007, 17:06
Amazing car but I can only recommend your friend to take driving lessons and join a club to participate a track days to improve his driving skills and know better the RS4. It will avoid him to put himself in dangerous situations with horrible consequences.....

Cheers,
Frederic

Ditto, ditto DITTO!!!

I do not know your friend, but unless he has extensive track experiences with karting and such, that is a terrible first car! I really do not mean to come off preachy, but the best thing he could do is take a lot of driver training courses. That is way too much power for a newbie driver to have in his hands.

Again, if he has lots of karting (etc.) experience, then kindly disregard above said advice. ;) :cheers:

Ben:addict:

Mr Balsen
January 2nd, 2007, 17:08
Great car !!!

i would also like to be the son of a rich man.

I am proud to be the son of a man who knew (and taught me) the value of hard work.

Cheers,
Frederic

Benman
January 2nd, 2007, 17:12
I am proud to be the son of a man who knew (and taught me) the value of hard work.

Cheers,
Frederic

Again, DITTO!

My grandfather was killed when my father was only 10 years old. My father was completely self made as a successful businessman. He started his own business with no other help than the help from his family (us) and we have worked for him ever since. Hell, I started working for him when I was 14 years old and for LESS than minimum wage!!! and thankfull for it!:cheers: Values are earned not inherited.:0:

Niklas
January 2nd, 2007, 17:16

Cheers,
Frederic

Amen to that. I hope this kid values his dads hard work.

maybachgt
January 2nd, 2007, 22:26
Hey Guys. I wanted to post these pics first but i was beaten to it. This is my awesome RS4. Im new to the forum but I have browesed through many times. Just so you feel safe next time a black RS4 pulls up next to you, I have had plenty of experience driving carts and Formula Ford cars. I dont think im going to take this on the track too much maybe once or twice. I spend most of my track time in my dads GT3. I have one question about the 1000mile break in period on this car. I was wondering how important it is to keep it under 4000rpm and if it wouldnt hurt to open the taps a bit.

Benman
January 2nd, 2007, 22:44
Hey Guys. I wanted to post these pics first but i was beaten to it. This is my awesome RS4...

I have one question about the 1000mile break in period on this car. I was wondering how important it is to keep it under 4000rpm and if it wouldnt hurt to open the taps a bit.

Welcome maybachgt :cheers: ,

As I was saying, "Again, if he has lots of karting (etc.) experience, then kindly disregard above said advice." so it looks like you're more than good to go.:thumb:

As for break in, under 4000rpm, please, that is way too unrealistic. I'd say the occasional venture up to 6K or os should be fine as long as the engine is warm. The redline is 8K so you shouldn't see any issues at that rpm (6K).

When my RS 6 was new, I never hit redline till after 1000 miles (took me only 100 hours of ownership or just over 4 days :D :applause: ) but still went north of 4K on several occasions (and since RS 6 redline is 6500rpms vs 8300 rpms for the RS 4, you should be fine hitting 6K every once in awhile as I hit 5K a few time).

It is good not to baby the motor too much for break in reasons. :thumb:

jrj2820
January 5th, 2007, 18:53

Cheers,
Frederic
Does anyone know where or how to get information on where I can take classes like is in Mass(boston):race:

Lateknight
January 7th, 2007, 14:54
Welcome maybachgt :cheers: ,

It is good not to baby the motor too much for break in reasons. :thumb:

Agreed : Modern engines dont actually require rigid 'Breaking in' anymore. Owners who tend to poodle their motors early on tend to suffer high oil consumption for longer. This engine will use a fair bit of oil early on - thats not unusual. Check and top up regularly.

Stick to the advice above (6k - 7K) for the first 1000mls. Make sure the engine is warm/hot before going over 4K though (this should apply to all engines anyway).

Congrats on the car :rs4addict Looks great (as they all do)

Welcome to the forum.

got boost
January 7th, 2007, 19:00
Does anyone know where or how to get information on where I can take classes like is in Mass(boston):race:

http://www.scda1.com/

Not neccessarily in Boston, but you can run at NHIS, LimeRock, The Glen, etc. Just bring a helmet, and get ready for a Great time!!!