PDA

View Full Version : Alternatives to the 997 turbo

trex
December 30th, 2006, 08:22
im almost ready to get the 997 turbo ''fully packed(ceramics chrono+, +++)'' so im thinking what are the alternatives the i can can get for the same money +- 15k???

AndyBG
December 30th, 2006, 12:43
No alternative for that car !

Go for the Porsche, and ENJOY ! :thumb:

absent
December 30th, 2006, 16:33
im almost ready to get the 997 turbo ''fully packed(ceramics chrono+, +++)'' so im thinking what are the alternatives the i can can get for the same money +- 15k???

Nothing really.....

Leadfoot
December 30th, 2006, 16:35
There are cheaper alternatives, Vette Z06, Viper or GT500....:vhmmm: oh, I just thought, there's corners where you're from, no sorry no alternatives.:D

Ruergard
December 30th, 2006, 19:03
There are cheaper alternatives, Vette Z06, Viper or GT500....:vhmmm: oh, I just thought, there's corners where you're from, no sorry no alternatives.:D

The Vette will outcorner the Turbo... ;);)

But in everything else the Turbo will kick Corvette ASS! There really isnt any alternatives, was reading a automagazine today with a test of the new Turbo. One of the best cars you can buy I think it said, just fill in the papers and ENJOY! :hahahehe:

Leadfoot
December 30th, 2006, 19:18
The Vette will outcorner the Turbo... ;);)

It was a little joke, a dig at American Sportcars if you will.:thumb:

You are taking this statement to the extreme. Yes I know that on a track the Vette will out corner the Porsche just, but take them both off the track and on to the normal bumper tight and twisty back roads that most of us drive on day to day and the answer will be a diffinate NO the porsche will win hands down.:race: I bet on our UK roads the Vette would get stuck between the hedges of our narrow roads.:D

Ruergard
December 30th, 2006, 21:41
It was a little joke, a dig at American Sportcars if you will.:thumb:

You are taking this statement to the extreme. Yes I know that on a track the Vette will out corner the Porsche just, but take them both off the track and on to the normal bumper tight and twisty back roads that most of us drive on day to day and the answer will be a diffinate NO the porsche will win hands down.:race: I bet on our UK roads the Vette would get stuck between the hedges of our narrow roads.:D

Haha, I know! ;) Ofcourse I will... it's just fun to bring it up sometimes..! :D

I got nothing more to say than that the Z06 has impressed me a lot! But would a take it over a 997 Turbo. No way! :thumb:

xcrunner
January 2nd, 2007, 04:06
In my opinion nothing can beat the 997 turbo for that price, performance, or namesake. But if you are looking for something different try the Panoz Esperante GTLM, Invicta S1-600, Noble M15, or TVR Sagaris :deal:

Leadfoot
January 2nd, 2007, 08:35
Now with the Noble M15 you have a car that has the ability to beat the Porsche on the road and totally destroy it on the track from an entertainment point of view as in reality it would only be a few tenths quicker.

It's only problem like the TVR would be reliability.

ricky71370
January 2nd, 2007, 21:27
if I was you:

C6 ZO6(70k) AND RS 4(66K) for an extra 13K based on base model pricing...:thumb: turbo(123K) united states pricing of course..

lets not get into options on the turbo$$$$$$$$^^^^^^

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/598/corvette057ql0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/7441/audirs40501jp6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

trex
January 2nd, 2007, 23:42
after much consideration and your help ill go for the 997 turbo :race:
BTW i love the Noble M15 but we don't have a dealer where i live same go's for TVR

AndyBG
January 3rd, 2007, 10:29
after much consideration and your help ill go for the 997 turbo :race:

That is wright desicion, don't miss the chance to own and enjoy in THAT FANTASTIC car !

Pic's and vid's are MUST !

CONGRAT'S !!!

Erik
January 3rd, 2007, 11:57
Not the same money, but a RUF Rt12... :D

I can sell it to you :D

AndyBG
January 3rd, 2007, 13:39
...I can sell it to you :D

Now, that is salesman - spirit... :thumb: :hihi:

fastdrive
January 4th, 2007, 14:32