PDA

View Full Version : Brakes: Ceramics vs. Standards

reimon
December 27th, 2006, 20:30
So my quiestions are?

- What is the difference in weight?

- Regarding the brake pads, in which discs do they last longer?

- What is the difference in prize between both front pads?

:brag:

RXBG
December 27th, 2006, 20:50
in the USA. a new RS4 set of rotors and pads, sans install, runs about 4-5K. a reason why i am considering the CC brakes for the R8 (est 9-10K).....

lcrcr
December 29th, 2006, 18:47
in the USA. a new RS4 set of rotors and pads, sans install, runs about 4-5K.

4-5K for what, a complete RS4 brake set for installation on another Audi (like an S4)?

Pads alone are "only" $300 or so, so those are either really expensive rotors, or the 5K price includes calipers and everything.

- Larry

cally
December 30th, 2006, 01:08
May i ask.... is it true when the ceramic brakes is cold, its like not much brake at all? and when street useage is it worse than the normal ones?

RXBG
December 30th, 2006, 16:48
4-5K for what, a complete RS4 brake set for installation on another Audi (like an S4)?

Pads alone are "only" $300 or so, so those are either really expensive rotors, or the 5K price includes calipers and everything.

- Larry

i dont think 4 RS4 pads cost only 300. but i meant rotors and pads for all four wheels. plus the install. that's the general concensus from what i have been able to find out. let me know if you know of anything different.

lcrcr
December 30th, 2006, 18:08
I guess it is more like $420 for the fronts:

See: http://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/9216.phtml

Mori
December 31st, 2006, 18:40
May i ask.... is it true when the ceramic brakes is cold, its like not much brake at all? and when street useage is it worse than the normal ones?

No. When cold they brake normally I guess - haven't noticed a difference. But even after a short drive when they're not really warmed up they stop the car dead. Love 'em!