PDA

View Full Version : BMW's first supercar

LamboM
December 24th, 2006, 19:23
I've just hear on 5th gear and read that BMW will try to creat a supercar
It'll be called BMW Z10 now I can't find details on it
there are all kinds of sketches of it in google here:
http://images.google.com/images?q=BMW+z10&svnum=10&hl=en&lr=&start=20&sa=N&ndsp=20
I just hope it won't look like this:
http://www.ac104.com/forum/tmp/jyvsu24494.jpg

fastdrive
January 4th, 2007, 14:34
can be the "second" supercar :thumb:
the first is the M1
http://www.modele.sklep.pl/images/bmw%20m1%20procar_resizeduzy.jpg

Leadfoot
January 4th, 2007, 14:55
No the M1 wasn't a supercar, it may have been priced like a supercar but didn't have the go of one.

I was lucky enough to get a ride in one at the time they were on sale and it wasn't that special.

fastdrive
January 4th, 2007, 18:27
please you can tell me the definition of supercar:D

Leadfoot
January 4th, 2007, 21:07
A supercar is something exotic, which the M1 was though not to the same extent as a Ferrari or Lamborghini. It should be extremely fast this was something the M1 wasn't when compare to the competition and lastly it should smell and feel special, the M1 smelt of fibreglass and resin, more a kin to a TVR or a Lotus or dare I say a kit-car but inside it just look half finished. As I was to young to have driven it I don't know what that side of the car was like, it quite possibly have been very impressive. You also have to remember the M1 had a 6 cylinder engine when all others had 12. It might have been ahead of it's time, but I think it time would have never came.

fastdrive
January 5th, 2007, 12:50
your mean is true but in the fact the m1 was the only mid engine of the story...
When the m1 was on sale it's most powerfull bmw of that time...
The m1 is than supercar of the R8:applause:

Erik
January 5th, 2007, 13:12
Vorsprung...

Audi R8

Ruergard
January 5th, 2007, 14:36
Vorsprung...

Audi R8

:bye2: :thumb:

Leadfoot
January 5th, 2007, 20:15
your mean is true but in the fact the m1 was the only mid engine of the story...
When the m1 was on sale it's most powerfull bmw of that time...
The m1 is than supercar of the R8:applause:

I'm at a lose as why you think the M1 was the only mid engined. At the time Lamborghini were mid-engined, Ferrari were mid-engined and even the humble Lotus Europa was mid-engined.

It was the most powerful BMW but 280bhp wasn't anything to shout about even back then.

No this was not BMW's first supercar, that had a different letter in front of the "1" and it was made by someone else.:bye2:

I also feel Audi have a better chance at selling the R8 and BMW will with their Z10. Everyone knows it's based on a Supercar that £50K more expensive, what are BMW basing their one on ...... a beefed up Z4Coupe.

Lateknight
January 7th, 2007, 12:25
No the M1 wasn't a supercar, it may have been priced like a supercar but didn't have the go of one.

I was lucky enough to get a ride in one at the time they were on sale and it wasn't that special.

Really !!

162mph
0-60 - 5.8s

Those are right up there with other 'supercars' of that time.
Certainly not the fastest of its day but quicker than a Pantera or Espada to name just two.