PDA

View Full Version : Our new S3

harald-hans
December 21st, 2006, 16:57
Hi,

yesterday we receive our new S3 - here are two pic`s if you are interested.

With greetings from Germany, harald-hans

Duma
December 21st, 2006, 17:12
congrat...

Cale24
December 21st, 2006, 17:44
Nice! Looks good in white I think.

Klint
December 21st, 2006, 17:49
Congrats Harold, thanks for the pics!

Believe this to be the first latest gen S3 on rs6.com and what a colour! Spectacular!

harald-hans
December 21st, 2006, 18:10
Thanks for the answers - here are two other pics from inside (sorry for the quality - all pics are made with cell phone cam).

Greetings from Germany, harald-hans

AudiAllroad
December 21st, 2006, 18:27
ohh, amazing!

I love this new S3, and with this colour.. Can it be better?

I also love the steering wheel who Audi use more and more in these days.

Good choice of vehicle and i hope you will enjoy it!

/Allroad

harald-hans
December 21st, 2006, 18:32
Ups, I forgot to say that the S3 is the christmas present for my lovely wife !!! :heart:

Leadfoot
December 21st, 2006, 20:38
Man does that thing look great in white and doesn't it look like a quality product beside the Scooby. Sorry if this is you other motor, but I have to say what I feel.:rolleyes:

P.S.

My kids would have a great time with that interior. The kids in Germany most be very well behaved.

JavierNuvolari
December 21st, 2006, 23:43
Nice car mate, and what a Xmas present!! ;). Post your impresions of it...and how it stands againsts the Subaru ;).

Cheers,

Javier

harald-hans
December 22nd, 2006, 06:09
Man does that thing look great in white and doesn't it look like a quality product beside the Scooby. Sorry if this is you other motor, but I have to say what I feel.:rolleyes:

P.S.

My kids would have a great time with that interior. The kids in Germany most be very well behaved.

Yes, the Scooby is my/our other car but that is no problem - I have the same thought when the Audi arrived and I saw the two cars standing together :bigeyes:

Our son is nearly 17 years old - so I think the interior is no problem for him ;)

harald-hans
December 22nd, 2006, 06:12
Nice car mate, and what a Xmas present!! ;). Post your impresions of it...and how it stands againsts the Subaru ;).

Cheers,

Javier

Maybe you have seen my signature and the pics on my little private website - I am adicted to the "Nürburgring-Nordschleife" so I will compare the two cars next year on the track - in the moment after my first impressions I think the Scooby is a little bit more build for the track but we will see and I will post my impressions.

Fab
December 22nd, 2006, 07:36
Very nice car !!! I like the new S3 very much.

This car can become a serious competitor with a plain vanilla chip to 305hp. Looking forward to seeing the perf of such mod.

steffenr
December 22nd, 2006, 16:22
congrats

what no recaros in the new s3 what a pitty :(

harald-hans
December 22nd, 2006, 18:57
congrats

what no recaros in the new s3 what a pitty :(

As I wrote above, it is the car of my wife - she did not use the S3 as a race car - she use it as a daily driver car for driving to work, to shopping ;) or to what ever - so she decided after comparing the seats at the local Audi dealer that this version is better for her - I respected her decision - but do not forget - if you want to use the backseats, the recaros are not the best decision.

steffenr
December 22nd, 2006, 20:03
As I wrote above, it is the car of my wife - she did not use the S3 as a race car - she use it as a daily driver car for driving to work, to shopping ;) or to what ever - so she decided after comparing the seats at the local Audi dealer that this version is better for her - I respected her decision - but do not forget - if you want to use the backseats, the recaros are not the best decision.

by recaros I mean these puppys:s3addict:

LamboM
December 23rd, 2006, 20:20
Yeah nice car
Good choice
But tell me is it the one with the 3.2 liter V6?

AudiAllroad
December 23rd, 2006, 20:23
Am i right when i say it's a tuned 2.0T?

/Allroad

harald-hans
December 23rd, 2006, 20:28
Yeah nice car
Good choise
But tell me is it the one with the 3.2 liter V6?

No - it is a Audi "tuned" 2.0 ltr. Turbo TFSI Engine with 265 PS and 350 Nm :bow:

harald-hans
December 23rd, 2006, 20:29
Am i right when i say it's a tuned 2.0T?

/Allroad

Yes, you are right !

Greetnigs from Germany, harald-hans

krm
December 24th, 2006, 05:55
Congrats, very nice in white!

LamboM
December 24th, 2006, 16:43
No - it is a Audi "tuned" 2.0 ltr. Turbo TFSI Engine with 265 PS and 350 Nm :bow:

O That's still good

AudiFanatic83
January 26th, 2007, 18:02
man i love this car! the S3's are soo freaking sick

Charles DLF
February 2nd, 2007, 14:34
O That's still good

in my opinion that's actually much better, because the 3.2 is sucha a heavy sucker, i can tell, i own one ;).

I think that the 2.0T S3 is a much wiser solution, i'd love to see how it compares to my A3, in terms of acceleration and handling...

Harald-Hans, how heavy does the car feel? I have to admit mine is great, but going thru corners and stuff, i can defenetly feel the weight the car drags.

Anyway, enjoy the ride

Cheers from paris

Charles

Leadfoot
February 2nd, 2007, 18:31
in my opinion that's actually much better, because the 3.2 is sucha a heavy sucker, i can tell, i own one ;).

I think that the 2.0T S3 is a much wiser solution, i'd love to see how it compares to my A3, in terms of acceleration and handling...

I have to admit mine is great, but going thru corners and stuff, i can defenetly feel the weight the car drags.Charles

I haven't tried the S3 but Audi do need to do something about the way some of their cars feel, especially compared to their VW counterparts. While the A3 3.2Quatrro feels nose heavy in a corner the R32 feels a good 200kgs lighter, likewise the A3 2.0T compared to the Golf GTi.

All of the UK mags rate the S3 like a rocket with leech like grip but sadly devoid of any feel or entertainment. This was basically what CAR magazine reported in this month's edition, now this is the complete opposite to the R32 which they found to be amazing and easily the best from the luxury hot hatch market comprising of the Audi S3, BMW 130i, Mazda 3 MPS, Volvo C30 2.5L and VW Golf R32. They didn't doubt that the S3 was the quickest but didn't warm to it in the same way as they did with the R32 which felt the lightest on it's feet, bettering the 130i even though it was the heaviest on the scales.

I doubt the S3 will have any problem destroying an A3 3.2 in either handling or performance but is it the car Audi could have made it, in light of it's results with the RS4.

audivwfirst
February 5th, 2007, 03:31
Very nice , Love this color as well ..

RacerBice
February 13th, 2007, 10:13
I haven't tried the S3 but Audi do need to do something about the way some of their cars feel, especially compared to their VW counterparts. While the A3 3.2Quatrro feels nose heavy in a corner the R32 feels a good 200kgs lighter, likewise the A3 2.0T compared to the Golf GTi.

All of the UK mags rate the S3 like a rocket with leech like grip but sadly devoid of any feel or entertainment. This was basically what CAR magazine reported in this month's edition, now this is the complete opposite to the R32 which they found to be amazing and easily the best from the luxury hot hatch market comprising of the Audi S3, BMW 130i, Mazda 3 MPS, Volvo C30 2.5L and VW Golf R32. They didn't doubt that the S3 was the quickest but didn't warm to it in the same way as they did with the R32 which felt the lightest on it's feet, bettering the 130i even though it was the heaviest on the scales.

I doubt the S3 will have any problem destroying an A3 3.2 in either handling or performance but is it the car Audi could have made it, in light of it's results with the RS4.

Well, I've now read the verdicts of basically all German and Swedish mags, along with some French, Italian and British ones. And just like many times before I am left wondrous about the nature of the British mind. Of the ones I have read, not one magasine outside of the UK has rated the R32 higher than the S3, whereas all British mags have.

There are a number of common features of all of these comparisons. The S3 has accelerated away from the R32 with an average of half a second to 100 kph, 2 secs to 160 and 4-5 secs (!!!) to 200. And in some 10 different race track events the closest the R32 has ever come is some 1,5 secs adrift. In certain cases it has even been as much as 3,5 secs. The S3 has also had better grip and side acceleration, higher speed throgh slalom courses, better break stamina, etc, etc.

Britmags are nevertheless unimpressed. So again, I wonder if Brits in general have a passion for cars which centres around subjective perception of fun and performance, whereas continentals are more focussed on true speed. Or something like that, I don't know, I'm just making stupid generalisations. But you'd have to agree that this is an interesting phenomenon.

Anyhow, the problem for me is that if I bought an R32, then I would simply feel sick when the odd S3 drove up next to me. Why? Because I'd know that although I had paid almost the same bucks for the R32, I wouldn't stand a whisper of a chance in any kind of conditions. Howling V6 noise and DSG would be of little consolation, then, all that would matter is that the VW is simply a much slower car. And how "fun" is that....?

Swedish Automobil summed it up quite nicely, I think; "With an S3 in the garage, you could actually do without a genuine sports car".

RB

Ps. By the way, Top Gear never ceases to amaze me. Nowadays I see them as entertainers more than serious motor journalists. It's been long since I ever heard them say anything even remotely level-headed. Fun to read/watch, but not much help when you're about to buy a new car....

Leadfoot
February 13th, 2007, 12:31
I will answer why I feel UK Mags rate the R32 ahead of the S3, UK road conditions.

Over here with the exception of motorways and town/city roads the general condition of the roads though smooth with very little broken surfaces are quite bumpy and do require a suspension system that not only handles well but is supple enough to tackle the bumps. Audis are quite firm and their set-up gives a ride which is crashy and bouncy, up to now Audi has only tested the RS4 and the S8 on UK roads before signing off the suspension and with these cars got amazing review with comments that they are the best riding Audis ever tested, this must be because of this.

VW developed the suspension of both the GTI and the R32 on UK roads so this might explain why they are getting better reviews instead of their Audi counter-parts. Just a thought.:brag:

I know the Audi is a better handling/quicker car but this is why BMW and the likes a rated better in the UK compared to the rest of Europe.

RacerBice
February 13th, 2007, 12:38
I will answer why I feel UK Mags rate the R32 ahead of the S3, UK road conditions.

Aha..... :asian:

Leadfoot
February 15th, 2007, 08:45
RacerBice, James etc. You will be very glad to hear that Autocar has given the new S3 4.5 stars out of a possible 5 stars and rates it the best hot hatch on the market. The only downer was motorway ride quality but apart from that everything was good.

0-100mph 13.6 seconds and 0-120mph 20.8 seconds, one very quick, cheap car.

RacerBice
February 15th, 2007, 09:39
Thanks, Leadie. 0-100 in 13,6, that's dead on what basically every magazine has achieved. Consistent performance, in other words.

BTW, mine was manufactured earlier this week, so it's now almost down to counting days....

RB

tazsura
February 15th, 2007, 13:39
RacerBice, James etc. You will be very glad to hear that Autocar has given the new S3 4.5 stars out of a possible 5 stars and rates it the best hot hatch on the market. The only downer was motorway ride quality but apart from that everything was good.

0-100mph 13.6 seconds and 0-120mph 20.8 seconds, one very quick, cheap car.

I have to STOP looking at the new S3. The more I see it, the more and more i want it!:love: :love: :love: :love:

Dolphin Grey, MTM tuned Engine/Suspension, 19" BBS LM's....Mmmm i'm dreaming again....:bow:

Taz :incar:

RacerBice
February 15th, 2007, 16:40
Dolphin Grey, MTM tuned Engine/Suspension, 19" BBS LM's....Mmmm i'm dreaming again....:bow:

:applause:

Remember, though, that some of the S3 specific exterior details (such as air intakes, front end spoiler and rear end diffusor) become sort of invisible with dark body colours. Only the brighter orange, silver, yellow or white really make the design justice. Maybe red too. Not that Dolphin Grey as such isn't a very nice colour...