PDA

View Full Version : S / RS Audis In Europe: Unite!

LU-RS6
December 21st, 2006, 16:04
Hi to all proud S4 / RS4 owners!

I wanted to bring to your attention that we are planning to organise a tour in Europe (mainly German Autobahn) with any S/RS audi, mainly enjoy some nice driving, probably somewhere end of spring.
Sorry for crossposting this topic but I wanted to let you guys know too and I suppose most of us kind of "stay" in their topic.

As an RS6 owner I must say I'm a fan of any audi ,whether it is an S2, RS4, S6, S8, I don't really care. Everyone is welcome, as long as you can follow :hahahehe: So let me rephrase: any car that can more or less follow is welcome :lovl:

Feel free to vent your ideas, the thread is also available at http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10685 but I'll be watching both anyway.
We were thinking to make it a (long weekend).

Best regards
LU-RS6

Fab
December 22nd, 2006, 07:31
sounds interesting. May come with a friend (2 x RS4 V8)

to be followed :0:

LU-RS6
December 22nd, 2006, 11:28
That's very good news Fab, stay in touch!

Best regards :race:
LU-RS6

MR USER
December 22nd, 2006, 18:47
When and where? I'll be there with another RS4 too! and I propose to visit the ring!!!

LU-RS6
December 22nd, 2006, 21:47
@ MR USER

It will be a pleasure to have you on the trip!

You are free to suggest any date, I' d think somewhere end of spring, end of May, beginning June ?

The Nurburgring should indeed be included. Might even suit as good starting point to meet. Also parts of the A5 Autobahn have to be included.

So for now this is the situation:

Unconfirmed list of users participating:

LU-RS6
driving RS6 Avant

Audiline
driving RS6 ? + 911 Turbo

bbigman2000
driving RS6 (coming from Scotland so we need to convince him!)

jonas21
parcipating ?

Fab
driving 2 x RS4

MR USER
driving RS4

Suggested Tracks / Meeting points to be included in the trip:
Nürburgring
Parts of Autobahn A5

Best regards
LU-RS6

LU-RS6
January 3rd, 2007, 01:42
okay, I was on the A5 again yesterday between Karlsruhe and Freiburg, and again I have to state a 100% sure: this piece of Autobahn MUST be included in the trip. As there was almost no traffic and absolutely no trucks yesterday evening I was able to manage 100km well below half an hour.

What about this track for now;

DAY 1
** Team up at the Nurburgring
** Drive to Frankfurt
** Frankfurt to Karlsruhe
** Karlsruhe to Basel
** Stay at hotel/.. to be agreed upon. Party?

DAY 2
** Basel to Konstanz via Zürich
** Konstanz to .. ?

Please be informed this is only a suggestion. I am open to any ideas.

Best regards
LU-RS6 :race:

MR USER
January 3rd, 2007, 15:55
okay, I was on the A5 again yesterday between Karlsruhe and Freiburg, and again I have to state a 100% sure: this piece of Autobahn MUST be included in the trip. As there was almost no traffic and absolutely no trucks yesterday evening I was able to manage 100km well below half an hour.

What about this track for now;

DAY 1
** Team up at the Nurburgring
** Drive to Frankfurt
** Frankfurt to Karlsruhe
** Karlsruhe to Basel
** Stay at hotel/.. to be agreed upon. Party?

DAY 2
** Basel to Konstanz via Zürich
** Konstanz to .. ?

Please be informed this is only a suggestion. I am open to any ideas.

Best regards
LU-RS6 :race:

Well I would suggest to stay at the dorint hotel on the Nurburgring for the first night so that who arrives early can have cuple laps on the Green Hell. Who arrives late will be able to drive on the ring in the morning then we can all head to frankfurt!!!

IMO is definitely worth to spend some time there!!!

I would also avoid the day 2 program as driving in Switzerland is a nightmare nowadays.... is all between 80 and 120 on the motorway....

On the other hand if we do want to have a nice trip across switzerland than we should go for some of the famous passes like the Gran San Bernard or the Gothard....

Thinking of it I have a nice proposal....

Start in south of France (around Nice Cannes) to go through the most beautiful road of the whole europe: Route Napoleon. then we can go towards aosta to drive the col du saint bernard. We could go through the simplon pass then the gothard pass and finally for the happy ending we to the ring in nurburg for a total of 3000 km!!!

I know it sounds extreme but we would certainly drive through the most challenging and beautiful roads of europe...

LU-RS6
January 3rd, 2007, 16:00
Allright then we'll call that DAY 0 = arrival day. On the morning of DAY 1 we should leave between 11 and 12h which gives everyone time enough to do more laps or drive a few laps jointly...or to get rid of a serious hangover :dig:

LU-RS6
January 3rd, 2007, 16:14
In order to prevent further crossposting I suggest we close this thread. Please continue with any comments etc on http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10836

Thanks

Best regards
LU-RS6

THREAD CLOSED