PDA

View Full Version : Best S3 spec

RacerBice
December 21st, 2006, 10:20
I know that many complain about dullness of silver paint, but I have now placed the order for my new S3, and it will be greater looking than any other spec I can imagine. Just hear me out....

Silver metallic paint
Black alcantara/leather interior with black head lining
Silver inlays
Radio Concert
BOSE
Multi-function sports steering wheel with flat bottom (á la RS4)
Automatic rainsensor (etc)
Light package
Rear arm rest with ski sack
Front arm rest

Once delivered, I will lower its front suspension (hot rod!), fit 19 inch wheels to it (the 18 inchers will do for Swedish winter, though), use spacers to make sure that all 4 wheels are perfectly aligned with the arcs, and maybe (just maybe) fit a couple of extra S3 badges on the side of the car right in front of the rear wheels (á la S-line equipped A3's and A4's). Subtle changes to the already subtle design, but they will make it look brutal nonetheless.

:wo:

tazsura
December 21st, 2006, 10:59
Sounds great RacerBrice...

I'd have mine slightly diff though
+ RS4 Buckets
+ Auto dimming/Folding door mirros
+ Piano Black inlays
+ Phantom black...(or if I was really brave Ibis white!)

Enjoy

Taz

Niklas
December 21st, 2006, 15:04
sounds nice!!! but please do not put on black or crome rims, silver is best.

Ruergard
December 21st, 2006, 16:12
Nice, fun to hear that you ordered one. Pics when it arrives is a must! :)

For me the first I would do is to change the seats to the buckets from the RS4. The rest of the choices sounds good!

Leadfoot
December 21st, 2006, 20:31
Nice choice and the sensible one instead of the Yellow or Orange. Though I would pick the same as you and for the very same reasons, I would always have that doubt in my mind that I had picked the wrong colour especially if one of those other colours drove pass.

I just hope Audi don't offer these choices when it comes to my turn to pick for the TT-S.

RacerBice
December 22nd, 2006, 07:51
Thanks for comments, y'all. And it's nice to hear that we all have our own taste and preferences, good thing that the option list comes to good use. Another good thing is that there won't be too many other S3 buyers speccing it like I have. :0:

Just to retort, though; In terms of dimming/folding rear view mirrors, I am simply too vain for that option. When I walk up to my car, I want it to look good, and not have weird doberman ears.

And in regard of buckets, just to remind you I am really not a great fan of them at all. Basically, I think they suck an elephant's d*ck. Butt ugly! And wasn't it someone at Fourtitude who said that they look like something Sigourney Weaver might have stumbled across in the first Alien film.....? Also a good point, I think, but not in the complimentary way it was meant (?). This is a sports car, not a space car.

As for Phantom Black, I maintain that the subtle features which distinguish the S3 from a regular A3 become (to a large extent) invisible in dark colours. I.e, black equals waste of good looks.

:s3addict: