PDA

View Full Version : Tire Pressure Monitors on Aftermarket Snows?

stinsy
December 20th, 2006, 18:13
I put on the new Hartmann 18's with the snows and the TPM went off. Does anyone know how to get the new tires to talk with the TPM system?

Mori
December 20th, 2006, 22:04
Do you have tire pressure thingy's mounted inside the new wheels? You have to order them separately. Which wheels did you go for?

auditt
December 27th, 2006, 13:05
Do you have tire pressure thingy's mounted inside the new wheels? You have to order them separately. Which wheels did you go for?

True. I did it on my aftermarket winterwheels. They are a bit expensive. About 450 Euro for four tires.

Rstr
December 27th, 2006, 15:04
The instructions are in the manual. I don't have it w/ me or I'd tell you the page.

From what I recall, it's on the menu in the DIS. There's a reset TPMS option. Very simple fix -- no worries.

Audihead
January 4th, 2007, 04:56
Just shut the TPMS system off for the wintertime. You can use the VAG-COM to do it. Here is the code:

Here is the info on the TPMS:
Select -> 17-Instruments -> Adaptation -> Channel 61.

Subtract 512 from whatever value you find there.

Thank you to John Stahmann for all the info!

stinsy
January 4th, 2007, 14:07
I can't believe someone knows how to figure that out. Thanks. My dealership didn't even know how to do it. Speaking of which, I don't exactly understand how to do what you laid out. Maybe I'll play around with it tonight, but I've never dug into the submenus on the MMI to know how I would do any of that. If you have any advice for someone less technically inclined, please elaborate.

but thanks again

stinsy

Audihead
January 4th, 2007, 18:10
It's not in the MMI. It's thru the OBDII port. You need to find someone in your area that has the VAG-COM software from Ross-Tech. They will just plug into your diagnostic port under the dash. Then the laptop talks to the car and your can go in and modify all sorts of things. Be careful and make sure whoever does this for you has modifyed other cars in the past. The dealer knew how to do it, they just can't or won't because of legal reasons. They have the power to change just about any perameter on your car. The VAG, and VAS are all powerful.:bow:
Hope this helps.:thumb:

Here are a few more things to play with:

Add window up/down feature via remote keyfob:
Log onto block 46 - Central Convenience
Recode the module with 11900 (Original number +64)

Remove Selective locking (2 clicks to unlock all doors)
Recode the same module with 11896 (Original number - 4)

Remove Auto Locking of doors as you drive.
Recode same module with 11864 (auto lock off))(original number -32)

Remove nagging seatbelt chime
Log onto block 17 - instruments.
Recode with module by subtracting 2 from your current number.

Lows/Fogs, Highs/Fogs, Amber off
Block 09 Central Electronics
01023 original USA number
01021 Enables High/Fogs, Euro parking lights - amber only on when blinking

Skaala
January 6th, 2007, 16:04
Just shut the TPMS system off for the wintertime. You can use the VAG-COM to do it. Here is the code:

Here is the info on the TPMS:
Select -> 17-Instruments -> Adaptation -> Channel 61.

Subtract 512 from whatever value you find there.

Thank you to John Stahmann for all the info!

same trick for Q7?

Skaala
January 6th, 2007, 19:06
same trick for Q7?

checked....didn' work on the Q7, different value? submenu?

Mori
January 6th, 2007, 23:52
Remove nagging seatbelt chime
Log onto block 17 - instruments.
Recode with module by subtracting 2 from your current number.

Are you sure this works? I really hate that nagging signal-thingy because every time I get close to my garage, I take the seatbelt off to get my keys out from my jacket pocket, and it drives me nuts. :D

Going to get my dealer to try this ...

stinsy
January 8th, 2007, 14:08
it worked for me in my RS4. Don't know about the rest.

Audihead
January 8th, 2007, 23:47
checked....didn' work on the Q7, different value? submenu?

These codes are for the B7 A4/S4/RS4. The Q7 is different. I would suggest going to Audiworld and check the Q7 forums. That is what I did for the codes I got.

Audihead
January 8th, 2007, 23:50
Are you sure this works? I really hate that nagging signal-thingy because every time I get close to my garage, I take the seatbelt off to get my keys out from my jacket pocket, and it drives me nuts. :D

Going to get my dealer to try this ...

Yes it works. I have done it to both my B7 A4 and RS4. It is such a nice thing not to hear that damn chime. The door chime will still ding when it is open, but the rest is such sweet silence. Your dealer will not do this for you. They are too worrired about getting sued. They will do the locks, but that's about it.

Mori
January 9th, 2007, 02:28
I don't live in USA. ;) Don't have those problems. They'll do anything I ask. ;)

Audihead
January 9th, 2007, 16:28
I don't live in USA. ;) Don't have those problems. They'll do anything I ask. ;)

Sounds good.:dig:

Mori
January 9th, 2007, 17:40
Forgot to take the instructions with me but they said they'll do it next time I'm around. :D