PDA

View Full Version : iPod in RS4

Mori
December 19th, 2006, 18:14
Does anyone have the iPod connection in their RS4?

I connected my iPod today, and it works fine - MMI sees it as a CD changer (1 thru 6). As far as I was able to tell CD1 is my first playlist, CD2 the second one and so on. So I guess I can have a max of 99 songs per playlist...

It doesn't read the ID3 tags however which is a bit sad - I thought it would. :( Any ideas as to this? Is this normal or can it be changed? So basically all I can see is "CD1 - Track01" all the way to "CD6 - Track99".

The manual doesn't have any info on the iPod, and the german website only has a german PDF which I haven't deciphered yet: http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/reports.Par.0081.File.pdf

If anyone can translate that I'd be really grateful.

John Boggiano
January 6th, 2007, 17:31
'CD 6' is actually the entire contents of the iPod.

Also, If I remember correctly, when you turn the system off, it will restart at the same track, but I think it then calls it 'Track 01', so you can continue from there.

Failing that, all you can do is select 'mix', then 'mix CD'. This will give you a random selection from any given playlist (or from No. 6 - see above) and eventually you'll get to hear tracks beyond number 99! :)

John Boggiano
January 6th, 2007, 19:49
Update - having now checked it, it seems to behave differently: after track 99 comes track 01, but it's really track 100 and so all the tracks should get played after all...

oleg_ku
January 6th, 2007, 22:07
The answer - not to take I-pod till proper MMI in future 4series arrives. CD-Changer should read mp3 as well I suppose.

Mori
January 6th, 2007, 23:48
The answer - not to take I-pod till proper MMI in future 4series arrives. CD-Changer should read mp3 as well I suppose.

Wrong. It works fine apart from the fact that it displays CD6 while it actually plays the proper playlist.

Mori
January 6th, 2007, 23:50
'CD 6' is actually the entire contents of the iPod.

Also, If I remember correctly, when you turn the system off, it will restart at the same track, but I think it then calls it 'Track 01', so you can continue from there.

Failing that, all you can do is select 'mix', then 'mix CD'. This will give you a random selection from any given playlist (or from No. 6 - see above) and eventually you'll get to hear tracks beyond number 99! :)

If I SELECT CD6 then it plays the whole iPod - no problems.

If I select CD1, 2 3, 4 or 5, drive, turn the car off, close it, turn it on, it shows CD6 but actually plays the CD that was playing before shutting the car off. Weird but now that I know it doesn't bother me.