PDA

View Full Version : Gay and Straight cars named...

Ruergard
December 19th, 2006, 17:50
Yes, wheels24 put up a voting on this on their homepage. This is the result...

Gay car votes
1. Peugeot 207: 7 155
2. BMW 3 Series Coupe: 3 378
3. Jaguar XK: 2 571
4. Honda Civic Hatch: 1 776
5. Alfa Romeo 159: 1 293

Straight car votes
1. Audi RS4: 9 824
2. Toyota Fortuner: 2 629
3. Dodge Caliber: 1 808
4. VW Jetta: 979
4. Lexus IS250: 936

Sexiest rear-end votes:
1. Alfa Brera: 6 608
2. BMW Z4 Coupe: 5 722
3. Opel Astra GTC: 2 270
4. Renault Clio: 1 071
5. Nissan Tiida: 505

:rs4addict :rs4addict :rs4addict

Driving a 3-series is.. :lovl:

http://www.wheels24.co.za/Wheels24/News/General_News/0,,1369-1372-2094_2043605,00.html

Erik
December 19th, 2006, 19:06
Priceless!

Leadfoot
December 19th, 2006, 20:49
What, no Mercedes SL55amg or Jeep Wrangler in the top five gayest cars and where is the Ford GT for the sexiest rear.

Cale24
December 19th, 2006, 20:55
Lol. Still, I'm not happy about an Alfa 159 in there!:nono: The new Civic hatch is also a nice piece of car design IMO, and the Jag XK? Ok, forget the Jag, it is a bit too smooth for its own good I spose...

As for 3 series coupe drivers:harass:

nene
December 19th, 2006, 21:35
I don't think the XK is a gay car. I agree that the previous XK8 was a bit feminine in its lines. The new one however, it is hot.
I can't believe Lexus SC430 did not make the gay list. That is the ultimate gay car though.
I wonder what were the rules for the voting or choices.

Benman
December 21st, 2006, 15:40
I don't think the XK is a gay car...

Don't worry Nene... I'm sure the voting process they used was hardly scientific. ;)

As for the SC... I've seen both kind of owners so that could be another Jag story.

Ben:addict:

rks838
December 22nd, 2006, 17:04
This thread has crossed the line. It's ridiculously, laughably narrow-minded...and, I thought, on the wrong forum.

Benman
December 22nd, 2006, 17:28
This thread has crossed the line. It's ridiculously, laughably narrow-minded...and, I thought, on the wrong forum.

So... would that make you anti-gay? ;)

Cale24
December 23rd, 2006, 01:14

Send your complaints to wheels24 mate. The rest of us don't take things so seriously.:boring:

3abdo
December 23rd, 2006, 05:20
don't take this so seriously, its just statistics

rks838
December 23rd, 2006, 05:57
My opinion is that 1) this stuff is no different from racism and 2) there are millions of better things to joke around about. Maybe I am unusual in that respect, but I'm never going to be able to stomach hearing this sort of crap without piping up. As a straight person, it still hits a nerve, and I can't apologize for that.

Benman
December 26th, 2006, 16:02
My opinion is that 1) this stuff is no different from racism and 2) there are millions of better things to joke around about...

"All humor stems from tragedy"

The reality is, all humor comes from things that are offensive to someone. A crashed car joke is offensive to the person who "couldn't drive" it. A fat joke is offensive to, well, fat people. A "dumb" joke is offensive to someone who is "intellectually challenged". A lame comment offensive to a handicapped person. Saying, "that is jacked up" is offensive to a man named Jack. Cris Rock's entire comedy routine is offensive (and don't even mention "Mind of Mencia")!!!

Life is too short for me to have to worry about "offending" everyone on this planet. If you don't like something, that is your God given right, but forcing others to feel the same, or making others feel bad because we are "racist" is just wrong. Am I racist for saying fat people should go on a diet? Because, well, they should! It would be good for their health. Well, I don't go around saying that. If people want to be fat, so be it. That is their choice and I don't need to tell them what to do or think.

So, if people want to make "gay jokes", what is the problem? In the US, we have shows like "Will & Grace" where the entire show is FULL of gay jokes but that is "ok" because all of the "gay jokes" are by gays (who are actually not gay but just actors BTW). Total double standards... they're saying, "Us homosexuals can make fun of homosexauls but you evil straight people are not allowed". Hmm... similar to a Cris Rock stand up bit. Hypocrites!

Ok, I'm going to go watch some Mind Of Mencia now...
:cheers:

PS. rks838, you've made many useful and informative posts here, so I am not "calling you out" or trying to start a flaming war. Just pointing out that we should just not stress out over too much stuff. There is more important stuff to worry about than hurting someone's feelings. Like US troops being killed for no good reasons in countries they shouldn't even be in the first place and global hunger, AIDS in Africa, etc... :cheers: