PDA

View Full Version : Pic's of my S8

BBGT2
December 14th, 2006, 20:29
Finally got a chance to get a couple of pics of my new S8.
Yes I got rid of the 997TT, although a fabulous car and a wicked fast automobile it wasn't for me. As someone who owned one and sold it said it pretty good in that it doesn't excite you unless you are driving like a madman on coke. Kudo's to Porsche for making a 911 Turbo that is docile when driven "normally" it just wasn't what I needed. I LOVE the S8 and cant give it praise enough. It feels very connected to the road esp. in the dynamic mode. It picks up speed well enough for me, is it a S65 beater, No, not in the numbers race but in overall feel it rocks, all the time everytime.
I have had 2 Bentley's this year a SL65AMG and the 997TT, NONE of those cars made me feel what the S8 makes me feel every time I get in it or drive it.
The Bentley's were awesome cars just too stodgy for me, even the Flying Spur my brother has excites me as a sedan the way the S8 does.
I was not a fan of the car when I seen it first came out, as always I thought Audi could of done more to the performance part and the cosmetic look of the car.
I still do and that hasnt changed, I cant wait to be able to put on a Milltek exhaust when they build one as the V10 needs to be heard a little more on the inside of the vehicle especially when you nail it.
The 7200RPM redline is great and the car moves when pushed, the ride is unbelievable and I find myself forgetting sometimes that I am driving a 4 door luxury car albeit sports tuned.
The 997TT served me well for the short time I had it but to me its not what a Porsche Turbo should feel like, Yes I have been spoiled by the rawness of an GT2 and that is what I loved about it the most. Raw power and Raw delivery the old fashioned way, straight to the ribcage. As i said I will wait to see what the 997GT2 delivers and if it's not on par or surpasses the 996GT2 envelope than i will for sure be getting a 996GT2.
I know I have changed many cars this year alone but I can safely say the S8 is NOT going anywhere for a long time, she is def. a keeper.

Specs on the car are as follows:
2007 Audi S8
Daytona Gray (I am in love with this color)
Black leather,
And of course I had to have the B&O sound system, once you hear this in the car you dont wanna get out.

Bajo
:bow: to Audi

Erik
December 14th, 2006, 20:33
Thanks and congratulations! I almost had to remind you to post here about it ;)

I saw a recent test. The S8, of all cars, and the new Porsche 997 had the highest speed thru the slalom course.

BBGT2
December 14th, 2006, 20:33
A couple more pictures.

BBGT2
December 14th, 2006, 20:36
Thanks and congratulations! I almost had to remind you to post here about it ;)

I saw a recent test. The S8, of all cars, and the new Porsche 997 had the highest speed thru the slalom course.

:)

Thanks Erik, no reminders necesary I may not post alot anymore here but even though I didnt have and Audi for awhile I was always here lurking and staying in touch with friends I have made over the years. RS6.com is my home and always will be.

Bajo

The RS6
December 14th, 2006, 20:42
My God what I'd give for a car like that :(

Ruergard
December 14th, 2006, 20:53
What to say... CONGRATULATIONS!

That is one awesome car.. looks so great. I had a closer look at a S8 yesterday and I'm in love... youre one lucky man! :)

bbigman2000
December 14th, 2006, 21:11
Awesome, congrats !

BBGT2
December 14th, 2006, 21:21
Thank you guys.
Audi has def. won me over with this car. I loved my RS6's but the S8 is beyond that for me.

Bajo

JavierNuvolari
December 14th, 2006, 21:31
Congrats on that great looking car mate ;).

Cheers,

Javier

nene
December 14th, 2006, 22:52
Very nice. I'd love to take that beast out for a ride someday. Must contact my dealer. Congrats.

3abdo
December 14th, 2006, 23:15
congratulation, use it well

Klint
December 15th, 2006, 00:21
Congrats Bajo,

Just in time for the snow season, keep us up to date on how it performs through the winter.

BBGT2
December 15th, 2006, 00:25
Very nice. I'd love to take that beast out for a ride someday. Must contact my dealer. Congrats.

Nene,

That is easily solved, come to Chicago and drive mine !

Bajo

BBGT2
December 15th, 2006, 00:30
Congrats Bajo,

Just in time for the snow season, keep us up to date on how it performs through the winter.

Klint,

Not so good with the current tires. :looking:
Unfortunately no snow tires in 20's. Only all season tires.
Snow tire change would mean changing to 19's wheels and tires and Tire sensors.
Around $2600 total, for that price I will get a Golf MkIII and drive thru the winter sell in spring. We shall see though how this winter goes, if its anything like last year where we had 2 bad snow storms than its no big deal.

Thank you guys.

Oh and BTW how come we dont have one of these mean dudes:addict: that say S8? HMMMMMMMMMMMMM :)

nyc123
December 15th, 2006, 01:47
I also love my s8. Picked it up 2 weeks ago, phantom black w/ all black leather (not the two tone like most). I don't uually like black but this color is amazinng. Interesting comments on the 997 TT . i was thinking of getting the 997 TT as a second car but think I am going to try the m6 instead. Many people complaining the 997 TT is too tame

BBGT2
December 15th, 2006, 02:25
nyc,
Yeah I looked at one with the 2 tone seats but it was the midnight blue and it just didnt hit me as a color that I like. And that one didnt have the B&O so def. a no no.
Mine has the all black seats as well, and they are gorgeous. I have 3 kids and they will spend time in the car and that light stuff would not go unpunished, major reason why in my RS6 (both of them) I had the black.
That black you got is the BEST black out there from any car maker, and is the only black I would get.
The 997TT is tame when driven normally, when pressed hard she will astound you with the power, but still disconnected. The M6 is great if you like the Bimmer look, but def. get the 6 speed manual them "funny" SMG have been know to be huge headaches from what i have heard.

Bajo

tazsura
December 15th, 2006, 09:25
I also love my s8. Picked it up 2 weeks ago, phantom black w/ all black leather (not the two tone like most). I don't uually like black but this color is amazinng. Interesting comments on the 997 TT . i was thinking of getting the 997 TT as a second car but think I am going to try the m6 instead. Many people complaining the 997 TT is too tame

nyc get the GT3 instead!

Taz

tazsura
December 15th, 2006, 09:26
Bajo,

Congrats on the ride. That car is truely the D-A-D-D-Y! :jlol: :bow:

Taz

jonas_dg
December 15th, 2006, 16:37
very nice ride you got there, the wood isn't my thing but I'd kill for that B&O system :-) I think it's worth more than my current car! :-D

KresoF1
December 15th, 2006, 17:11
Congrats!
Daytona Grey... Very nice choice indeed!

Benman
December 15th, 2006, 18:27
Bajo,

Sorry for the belated congrats! Man, I'm all the way back on page TWO! :D

Congrats! It is awesome to see you back in the four rings. You of all people were a suprise for me to see in the S8! It is cool to see that you are very please with the new car. Seems you have almost nothing but high praise for the S8. And Daytona... well, what can you say? We all know it's the very best color Audi makes. ;) :D

:cheers:

Ben:addict:

LU-RS6
December 15th, 2006, 19:49
BBGT2

Congrats, absolutely awesome car. You got luxury and not to forget a LOT of power right there.
If you find the time, see if you could make a frontal rearview picture. If the car would be a girl I'd say WHAT AN ASS

Kev.S
December 17th, 2006, 10:25
Hi,
Welcome to the Daytona club. I'm beginning to wish I'd gone for the black interior now as keeeping the silver two-tone clean is taking time I'd rather be spending on other things.

SpinEcho
December 17th, 2006, 18:57
That's a beautiful ride!

AndyBG
December 23rd, 2006, 14:31
Bajo, :thumb:

You know what I meen about this car !!!

SUUUPEEER !!!

BBGT2
December 25th, 2006, 14:08
Thank you Gents.
Kev those 2 tone seats look great though but I imagined would be a pain keeping clean.
I have decided not to go the aftermarket 19's wheels and tires so I could drive her in the snow, it didnt make sense to me. I love these wheels. If the past couple of winters are indicative of what we are going to get here in Chicago, that wont mean too many days of not driving her around so its not a big deal.
The Daytona color is so damn sexy and demure and has got to be the sexiest one out there.
Bajo

mbrooks1956
December 25th, 2006, 16:10
Bajo:

Love the new car. I drove one a couple of months ago, and I agree, it is a FANTASTIC ride. Plenty of guts when you want it, and i do like the size of the car, haveing been an owner of a 2003 S-8. This model year puts the old one to shame!

I'm tempted, but think I will wait for the new RS-6 in a year or two. The Beast has turned me into a Horsepower addicted fiend!:addict: :addict:

BBGT2
December 27th, 2006, 04:31
mbrooks, I know what you mean about being addicted to power with the RS6.
I have had 2 of them and if I had a choice right now to make I would take the S8 over the RS6. Yes the Rs6 made serious power and the next one will make alot more (hope) but the S8 is something of a totally different beast with the beauty built in.
I too, had the previous S8 and that cant even begin to come close what this one does. The car is just THAT good, such a pleasure too look at, drive, be driven in (cant say about that one, no one has driven me yet, :) ) does everything with style and grace.
Cant say enough good things about it, and I am one picky SOB.
Get the S8 and wait for the next gen RS6, and then make your choice.

Bajo

Benman
December 27th, 2006, 16:01
and I am one picky SOB...

Bajo

Add to that, super short attention span when it comes to cars and you're spot on. ;) :D

Ben:addict: