PDA

View Full Version : How NOT to use your bike to stop a car!

Benman
December 13th, 2006, 19:54
Man, you'd think the police in the UK would know better than this... glad the cop wasn't killed, cause he could have been! What was he thinking?!?!?:doh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ifR4m4-THY

Ben:addict:

Erik
December 13th, 2006, 20:03
What was the driver of the car thinking?

mr
December 14th, 2006, 12:00
What was the driver of the car thinking?
Well I thought the same thing about this guy.

But what makes me wonde also is the fact, that the two cops of the car with the cam following the mad driver jump out of the car and hit the car of the mad man like they were mad.

Not to forget that the one with the bike (as Benman already sad) must also be a little potentially suicidal or sth. like that.

tazsura
December 14th, 2006, 12:20
The Police Motorcyclist was absolutely stupid for positioning himself behind the car. He should know better than that. :noshake: Desperate crims are just that, and they will do anything to get away.

Glad to see he was OK though.

I'm suprised the battons didn't smash the side window.:confused:

Klint
December 15th, 2006, 00:15
Muppets. Bet it was all over a 32 in a 30 zone.

Feel sorry for the learner driven who came the other way. :D

Wonder what security film was used on that car?

jonas_dg
December 15th, 2006, 16:55
I wonder if the learner driver got his/her license :)
I mean there's probably no better way to get some kind of traffic phobia :)

steffenr
December 15th, 2006, 22:38
I bet that the bike cop was preeeeetty happy that he was wearing a helmet:bigeyes:

Lateknight
December 16th, 2006, 00:30
It may be a bit controversial, but this is one of the situations where wish the UK police were armed.
Give the driver a clear warning - then plug him with a couple of rounds - I'm pretty sure car crime would be reduced if the lowlife scumbag thieves thought they could end up in a bodybag.
I hope the police gave him a 'Rodney King' - these people are scum - and should have no rights.
But, unfortunately they do, and I have no doubt he would have been released the next day and be stealing someone elses pride and joy within no time. :(

Benman
December 16th, 2006, 00:32
It may be a bit controversial...

Amen:cheers:

Audihead
December 18th, 2006, 04:31
It may be a bit controversial, but this is one of the situations where wish the UK police were armed.
Give the driver a clear warning - then plug him with a couple of rounds - I'm pretty sure car crime would be reduced if the lowlife scumbag thieves thought they could end up in a bodybag.
I hope the police gave him a 'Rodney King' - these people are scum - and should have no rights.
But, unfortunately they do, and I have no doubt he would have been released the next day and be stealing someone elses pride and joy within no time. :(

In the U.S. the cops would have shot out the windows and maybe the driver. GB needs to arm their officers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Klint
December 18th, 2006, 10:18
In the U.S. the cops would have shot out the windows and maybe the driver. GB needs to arm their officers!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Last thing they want to do, the small joe bloe cop who's on a power trip should not be given any form of gun. Even those trained in guns fuck up far too often over here. Look at some of the high profile cases.

Benman
December 18th, 2006, 16:47
Klint,

That is actually what I used to believe for many years...

An excellent book on the subject is "More Guns, Less Crime" by Professor John R. Lott, Jr. He systematically proves that owning and carrying guns actually reduces crime, opposite of what you would think. Per capita, the States in the US that allow citizens to carry guns have the lowest car jacking, muggings and murder rates in the entire country.

As Audihead states, the cops should carry guns. If the driver of that car had known that the cops would shoot him dead with guns had he pulled that crap, it would have reduced the chances of him pulling such a stunt. Then, had he actually got shot dead, the next idiot would have thought twice about pulling such a bonehead move. The minute you violate someone else's right to life (when he backed up over the motorcycle cop) you forfeit yours...

I'm always impressed (says with sarcastic voice) how in liberal California, that the crime perpitrator has more rights than the crime victim...

Put it this way, after being anti gun for all my life, I now am comforted that if someone is bonehead enough to come into my home to "rob" me or harm my family, he will be leaving in a bodybag.