PDA

View Full Version : help/opinion about new RS4

pollastre
December 13th, 2006, 17:41
Guys,

time has come for me to place my order (at last.....) and after configuring my RS4, I've got a couple of small doubts, perhaps you could help me here....

first one is about the interior.... I do not know about USA configurator, but with european audi web configurators, there's an option within the "interior" section, just when you're choosing the kind of material your seats will be made of; then you see "valcona leather" and "race/leather" options.
Well, within "valcona leather" (which is what I want), there are two options; they differ only in one thing : one reads "inner roof in silver" and another "inner roof in black".

I would assume that, being the rest of the interior in black/carbon fiber, a silver roof would look cool. But quite frankly, I am not sure about this one.... could any of you post a picture a (or an opinion!) about this option, please ?

My second doubt is more about personal tastes, but here it goes: I'm choosing Daytona Gray + Black Optiks + Titanium Wheels. Your thoughts on this combo, please ?

thanks a lot for your input!

Pollastre,

jonnyg
December 13th, 2006, 21:35
I'm choosing Daytona Gray + Black Optiks + Titanium Wheels. Your thoughts on this combo, please ?

Great Combination... Good Luck during the wait, i can tell you it is no fun...

Heros
December 14th, 2006, 06:35
I man well done !!!
but in europe the recaro seats are an option I think in USA the recaro seat are in stock.
we have to pay for this option.. remember to put photo wen will arrive.
sorry for my bad english...:doh:

gazzab
December 15th, 2006, 11:23
I went for the silver lining, most of my Aussie colleagues went for black, I thought the silver might lighten up the cabin.

Gazzab

Andyuk911
December 15th, 2006, 17:22
I would go for a silver roof lining as I have been told this is brighter. However the car I am buying next week, has black, BUT has a sunroof, so this is not an issue.
If you pm me I can send a pix of the Daytona with black optic pack and Titanium wheels

BTW, make sure your dealer orders the front Centre armrest, this is free(in the UK) , but if you don't tick the box you will not get it.

Andy

Leadfoot
December 15th, 2006, 20:00
Most manufacturers spec black roof trim with their sports models so I would reckon black is the way to go. I would also go carbon trim on dash and doors etc. but if you wanted to lighten things up, go for silver.

Andyuk911
December 16th, 2006, 00:49
I was told silver trim scratches esaily

vasbli
December 19th, 2006, 16:31
this is how mine looks - Daytona gray and titanium wheels. No black optics. I love it:heart:

Mori
December 19th, 2006, 17:21
Go for the black interior roof lining. The silver one gets dirty pretty quickly. I like a dark inside so if you do too, then its the one to choose. If you prefer a bit of light, then silver.

pollastre
December 20th, 2006, 14:59
The more RS4 front photos I see (third one from user 'vasbli'), the more incredible I think this car looks.

Yes, for sure, the whole car is an amazing piece of technology and beauty, but the front is so... so utterly agressive, but still refined... so cool !

Regarding the roof lining, well, I suppose that an all-black interior cannot be wrong with this car... so here I go with black-on-black. (anyway, I had a Boxster S with an all-black interior and I liked it, so...)

thanks for your inputs !

jasaretta
December 21st, 2006, 05:18
I went for the silver lining, most of my Aussie colleagues went for black, I thought the silver might lighten up the cabin.

Gazzab

Gazzab actually got it wrong - should be balck....much better LOL :) :) :)

gazzab
December 21st, 2006, 05:29
Gazzab actually got it wrong - should be balck....much better LOL :) :) :)

Hi mate, I like to be different, I haven't owned a pair of jeans for 30 years!!!!

Gazzab