PDA

View Full Version : RS4 Australian Performance Car Of The Year.

BryanF
December 12th, 2006, 01:28
Well its official.

The RS4 has been crowned as the Performance Car of The Year for 2006 here in OZ.It beat the 997 Turbo, M5 and M6 into 1st place.

They say "....that is saw off machinery of the calibre of the new 911 turbo.an AMG Benz,the latest and greatest from the local makers,Japan's finest and a pair of M BMW's says volumes for the RS4...." and "....The engine and gearbox are just a magnificent combination...And that engine.....Lord, what a piece of machinery.It fairly howls its way to the redline with real determination and no sense that it will ever let up.But it is uncannily smooth and features a truly magnificent soundtrack.."

As RS4 owners and lovers we already new all that ;but its always nice to have other people who really know something about cars agree !!!!!!!

Every thing that has been said about this amazing car is true....aren't we all lucky buggers !!!!:incar:

OzRS4
December 12th, 2006, 07:06
Thanks for that info Bryan. I am definitely feeling very fortunate to be driving one soon...not soon enough! The nice thing about it too is that there aren't that many RS4 around as well. Can't wait for outing in 2007. :jlol:

Where can we get the full story on that? is it in Wheels mag?

Cheers,
QT

Erik
December 12th, 2006, 07:15
Thanks for the information.

I have Googled, but didn't find any links. Got 'em?

BryanF
December 12th, 2006, 07:48
QT

It's in the new MOTOR magazine due out tomorrow Dec 13th.I have a pre release article but it's to big to attach and I'm not sure how to minimise it ...Any ideas ?

BryanF

OzRS4
December 12th, 2006, 08:12
QT

It's in the new MOTOR magazine due out tomorrow Dec 13th.I have a pre release article but it's to big to attach and I'm not sure how to minimise it ...Any ideas ?

BryanF

Thanks Bryan. No problem, I will grab one tomorrow at he newsagent. The RS4 was also featured in their last issue- 2006 Bang for your bucks. The RS4 was in the over $80K category with three competitiors: Lotus Exige S,Porsche Cayman S and the BMW Z4M. The RS4 has the most Bang index but the least Buck index, net result 3rd out of the 4 cars. Have you read it?

While doing my research on the RS4 prior to ordering it, I have collected over 32 review/test drive articles from the internet on the RS4 and it's no surprise that all the critics love the RS4!!! and I must admit, I don't get bored reading over and over again. :idea:

If you want to share with the forum, perhaps you could scan it and save it as jpeg file which should compress the file down quite small. You can then post on the board like a photo.

M3 owner
December 13th, 2006, 21:50
1st of all,a standing applause 2 the guys at MOTOR 4 putting 2gether such a awesome issue.
I have mixed emotions about Audi winning this.
In the past,the “S” & “RS” models have been heavily criticized by Ozi journalists & as an Audi fan that’s been pretty frustrating. Winning PCOTY is a huge coup 4 Audi, 2 win against the M5,M6,997TT & CLK63 shows how far Audi has advanced in such a short period of time. Audi finally has the respect it deserves & I can stop having pointless debates w/ ppl as 2 why I now like Audis.
BUT, I fear the RS4 will now become a commercial product like the M3.The “RS” models have been Audis best kept secret only shared by motoring enthusiasts. The car manufacturer that wins “PCOTY” or “Bang 4 Ur Buck” sells a truckload of cars over the weekend. I would hate 2 c the RS models lose their exclusivity.1 of the reasons why I have grown 2 dislike the M3 is because it has become a household name, there’s 1 on every street corner w/ most ppl buying them for names sake.I HATE owning a car that everyone else has !!!!
Also, the Audi salesmen I have come across in SYD over the past year have been real arrogant A-holes. Can u imagine how there going 2 act now?
Oh well,great win Audi.

OzRS4
December 14th, 2006, 02:39
That's very true what you are saying there M3 Owner. Where I live, M3 is quite common and no RS4 in sight and I can't wait to be the odd one out!!!:lovl: well until now thanks to Motor magazine, the public know what an awesome car RS4 is...there's no doubt Audi will be selling RS4 like hot cakes (and lucky for me, I didn't even have to talk to a dealer saleman to buy mine).

The article was definite a good reading and any RS4 enthusiast will enjoy reading that over and over again.

RS4 rules!!!:rs4addict

Bimmerod
December 14th, 2006, 03:40
Anybody have the ability to scan in the mag or supply a link for the rest of us to admire?

Shoot it over to me, I can host the file.

Thanks,

Bimmerod
:rs4addict

OzRS4
December 14th, 2006, 13:39
Anybody have the ability to scan in the mag or supply a link for the rest of us to admire?

Shoot it over to me, I can host the file.

Thanks,

Bimmerod
Hi Bimmerod,
As a true RS4 enthusiast :) , I have scanned the review of the final four: Porsche Cayman, BMW Z4M, Porsche 911 Turbo and of course Audi RS4. The pdf file is 7.5Mb. How do you suggest I send it to you? Will email work? send me your email by PM and I will shoot it over to you so you can host it.

Cheers,
QT :rs4addict

Bimmerod
December 16th, 2006, 05:00
Hi Bimmerod,
As a true RS4 enthusiast :) , I have scanned the review of the final four: Porsche Cayman, BMW Z4M, Porsche 911 Turbo and of course Audi RS4. The pdf file is 7.5Mb. How do you suggest I send it to you? Will email work? send me your email by PM and I will shoot it over to you so you can host it.

Cheers,
QT :rs4addict

PM sent

Bimmerod

Bimmerod
December 16th, 2006, 19:00
What a Great article. I love to keep reading awesome reviews of the RS4.

Here's a link for everyone to enjoy the article-

Click Here!!! (http://64.118.85.17/~iq/images/pics/2006 PCOTY Audi RS4.pdf)

Bimmerod

M3 owner
December 20th, 2006, 05:41
Did u guys c the new GTR in last months issue of wheels ? Would any of you consider purchasing the GTR ? I strongly suspect that,that car is going to be a absolute weapon.It could b in same price range as the RS4 but with 997 TT killing performance.

BryanF
December 20th, 2006, 09:01
M3Owner

I have read the the latest articles regarding the GTR.The truth is that I've always been been a Jap performance car enthusiast since I bought me first car ...a bridge ported RX2 Mazda.I have followed ,with great interest, the rise of the almighty GTR.Up until 1999 I always coverted one.

I've found over he past few years that the Japanese exterior design hasn't aged particulary well.The once almighty GTR's weren't ageing gracefully( in my opinion ).

The current crop of Aussie and particulary German cars offered as much performance but with far better looks. Lets face it you've got to love the one your with...and be happy to wash it each week !!!

The current GTR ,whilst will be undoutfully fast and efficient looks goddam ugly.

Street Cred and resale will always go beyond outright performance...something I think that any one that has $150,000 aussie dollars to spend will take into account.

As much as I love GTR's I don't think I could buy one in preference to my RS4 or Porsche. But It's only my opinion !!!