PDA

View Full Version : RS4 breakdown

stinsy
December 11th, 2006, 22:37
Cold weather here in Massachusetts (25 F). Went out to start the RS4. Battery worked, starter worked, engine turned over about 2 seconds then died. After that, engine wouldn't do anything. Battery and starter still working but no ignition. Got it towed and dealer's got it now. I'm super pissed and they don't have any idea what's up after a day. I'll keep posting on progress and learning. SUCKS!:vgrumpy:

OzRS4
December 12th, 2006, 08:14
Sorry to hear that Stinsy. How long have you had the car now and how many kms on it?

Keep us posted. Hope Audi get it sorted out quickly.

stinsy
December 13th, 2006, 22:13
Looks like Audi installed the wrong fuse for the car and it's been replaced. Hopefully, that will be the last time I ever have to think about my car not starting.

tsunami racer
December 20th, 2006, 17:46
Looks like Audi installed the wrong fuse for the car and it's been replaced. Hopefully, that will be the last time I ever have to think about my car not starting.

i've had some small issues like this resulting from sloppy workmanship from the factory on mine too; bolts missing, things coming loose, screws overtorqued and stripped. guess those germans are too busy :cheers: at lunch.

stinsy
December 20th, 2006, 17:58
YES! The ground wire then got loose and set the electronics crazy which caused the engine to fire out of sequence. 10 days in the shop. :(

tsunami racer
December 22nd, 2006, 02:09
make sure you complain to your service manager and have them contact your regional audi of america office. i had my car in service multiple times (5+)resulting in 20+ days total in the shop. i wrote letters, made phone calls and complained enough that they "compensated" me for my lost time. make enough noise and they will (very reluctantly) cave in and owe up to their errors.

of course, when i had my lexus, they pretty much voluntarily did all that without me even asking for it.

but again, lexus doesn't make a 420hp sedan with awd and a manual transmission, so whaddayagonnado?

stinsy
December 22nd, 2006, 17:41
I'll still give them one more chance. If I get into this situation again, I'm going to go nutty on them. You'd think that since our cars came off the A4 assembly line and to the hand crafters at GMBH, our cars would be MORE reliable, not less.:vgrumpy:

jrj2820
December 22nd, 2006, 20:02
stinsy, which audi dealership did you go to? I am speaking with teh sales rep from _
Clair Audi
420 Providence Highway, Westwood, MA 02090
_

stinsy
December 22nd, 2006, 20:03
IRA Audi in Danvers, MA