PDA

View Full Version : S / RS AUDIS in Europe: Unite!

LU-RS6
December 11th, 2006, 09:35
First of all one goodmorning to all, am new here so will shortly post my RS6 avant pics on the "beast topic". The car is mighty dirty at the moment so I don't wanna give y'all a heart attack :hahahehe:

Anyway, I thought it might be nice for European RS4/RS6 drivers to jointly drive a tour, preferrably through Autobahn heaven Germany. Enjoy some nice driving, stay in a nice hotel, basically have a good time. I am living at Lake Lucerne in Switzerland, so if any other drivers are up for it post here. Even if it's only a weekend tour, and even if we are only organizing it for coming spring, I am absolutely up for it.

Oh btw, it is not my intention to discriminate the S cars. Everyone is welcome, I'd even love to have an S2 joining us.

Will be nice to hear your thoughts and/or suggestions,

Best regards
LU-RS6

Audiline
December 14th, 2006, 08:55
Hi LU-RS6

Good initiative!! I`m in Norway and thats not so far. Are planning a trip to Germany and Switzerland ( have some friends living in Geneva ) in the spring. A friend are getting the new 911 Turbo in a couples of days and he also want to join I think

Audiline

bbigman2000
December 14th, 2006, 17:30
Im in Scotland !! Perhaps just a bit far for me !

LU-RS6
December 15th, 2006, 19:30
Why is Scotland too far if Norway isn't? :360:

I was in Germany today and yesterday, had an awesome experience on the A44 on my way to Dusseldorf..
In my rearview mirror suddenly this black Murcielago appears...we were cruising at about 220km/h but I decided to let him pass as in the end he'll be faster anyway. When letting him pass I discovered these blokes are also from Switzerland (Basel), waving because they must have been amazed about the power coming out of my avant. I followed them for about 30kms till my exit was there, and experienced that if I hit my pedal slightly earlier than the Lambo I was able to keep up very neatly. Had to stop at about 240kmh though as I have the wintertires on..Still I must admit the Murcielago made a kickass sound and beat me on every level (speed, grip etc.). Shout out to those guys for their good driving.

What's your guys thought on dates or period for a nice cruise? Somewhere end of spring sounds OK to me.. I mean this is well ahead of time but allows us to plan this thoroughly. A good help will be http://www.autobahnatlas-online.de/
If you go to "Strecken" in the topleft corner, you can see full details of any highway in Germany: number of lanes, tempolimits etc.
Please not though that I'm not some crazy piece of **** driving on the German highways like a madman..it is all about respect there, people will easily allow you to pass them if you treat them with respect, but taking over on the right side and dangerous moves are absolutely not appreciated.

I'm looking to do about min. 2.500kms in about 3-4 days.
Any thoughts highly appreciated.

jonas21
December 18th, 2006, 04:26
What about frankfurt? Should be pretty central in germany and there is a 4 lane autobahn between frankfurt and darmstadt which has no speed limits at all. (its about 30km in length). As far as i know it still holds the speed record (somewhere near 450km/h) from somewhere in the 30-40's when german mercedes test drivers "silberpfeile/silver arrows" used it. See
http://www.slotforum.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t16303.html for some more details.

LU-RS6
December 18th, 2006, 21:59
I regularly have to be in Dortmund coming from Switzerland so mainly driving the A5 till "Gambacher Kreuz" where I'm switching to the A45.
The A5 is one of my favorites: about 50% of it doesn't have a speedlimit. Especially the following parts:

Freiburg-Süd till Kalsruhe-Süd: about 128km without speedlimit of which 30km has 3 lanes.
Karlsruhe-Durlach till Kronau : 30km without speedlimit, 3 lanes permanent.
Kreuz Heidelberg till Darmstädter Kreuz: 54km without speedlimit, 2 lanes permanent.
Dreieck Darmstadt till Frankfurter Kreuz: 20km without speedlimit, 4 lanes permanent.
and so on.
The A5 must definately be included in this trip.

LU-RS6
December 22nd, 2006, 21:48
Unconfirmed list of users participating:

LU-RS6
driving RS6 Avant

Audiline
driving RS6 ? + 911 Turbo

bbigman2000
driving RS6 (coming from Scotland so we need to convince him!)

jonas21
parcipating ?

Fab
driving 2 x RS4

MR USER
driving RS4

Suggested Tracks / Meeting points to be included in the trip:
Nürburgring
Parts of Autobahn A5

Best regards
LU-RS6

jonas21
December 23rd, 2006, 05:31
I'd join if i've free time. Cant say before knowing when you are planning to meet.
I'd come by RS6.

LU-RS6
December 23rd, 2006, 14:34
What about weekend 5-6-7 May or weekend 2-3-4 June? Too bad one can't order good weather....

Audiline
December 23rd, 2006, 19:07
Hi LU-RS6

Sound good. Im not driving Porsche Turbo (yet!) Only RS6 Avant 2004 mod.

To everybody: Merry Christmas!!

Audiline

LU-RS6
January 3rd, 2007, 01:39
okay, I was on the A5 again yesterday between Karlsruhe and Freiburg, and again I have to state a 100% sure: this piece of Autobahn MUST be included in the trip. As there was almost no traffic and absolutely no trucks yesterday evening I was able to manage 100km well below half an hour.

What about this track for now;

DAY 1
** Team up at the Nurburgring
** Drive to Frankfurt
** Frankfurt to Karlsruhe
** Karlsruhe to Basel
** Stay at hotel/.. to be agreed upon. Party?

DAY 2
** Basel to Konstanz via Zürich
** Konstanz to .. ?

Please be informed this is only a suggestion. I am open to any ideas.

Best regards
LU-RS6 :race:

LU-RS6
January 3rd, 2007, 16:13
In order to prevent further crossposting I suggest we close this thread. Please continue with any comments etc on http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10836

Thanks

Best regards
LU-RS6

THREAD CLOSED