PDA

View Full Version : New or Old, which looks the best.

Leadfoot
December 9th, 2006, 21:12
Was up at the shops the other night and saw an old TT behind a new old. Now I prefered the new one but the wife liked the old one best. What do the rest of you think from a looks point of view.

chiphead
December 11th, 2006, 01:20
I don't love either. Although I will acknowledge that the 1st gen is a design icon and the 2nd is a tweaking of the design. If I had to choose, I would say the 2nd gen is more modern, but will probably age much less gracefully. Audi in generally have geometric designs that look good on sedans more than coupes. The S8 is the best one of them all because taken in pieces it has the rounded elements which make the shorter bretheren look cute, but aptly stately in the longer rendition.

Cargo8
December 12th, 2006, 06:09
the truth be told, i really did not like the old tt design at all. i thought it was very buggy like and i just did not take a liking to it whatsoever. when the new tt roadster/coupe came out, i was like "wow. that is clearly a different car" i def like the new one better. its much more sleek, modern, and sporty, I think. it's very racy and i think its a great look, great car, great car. AUDI.

Cale24
December 20th, 2006, 19:41
I quite like both cars. The new TT conforms less to the more 'mathematical' and unrelenting relationship between intersecting curves and lines. An example of this is seen when you compare the cars side profiles- the new TT 'bootline' curve is no longer on the same axis as the rear wheelarch. That may sound crazy, but simply put, the two different radii don't relate to oneanother as they did intentionally on the original TT. All in all, the modern version looks good IMO, very chunky! Needs big wheels.