PDA

View Full Version : Overpaid?

Las Palmas
December 8th, 2006, 19:35
I sure feel suckered...........I paid 60,000 ish for a CPOed RS6, clean,low mileage, 3 weeks ago.However you can now get the car for mid 5o,ooo to upper 50,000.I feel like an idiot.If I had only waited a few weeks I could have saved 4 to 7 thousand dollars.Any sympathy or consoling words out there that might make me feel better.I am so pissed but I love the car!

CornersWell
December 8th, 2006, 19:40
Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Timing is everything. No biggie. Actually, if you amortized the difference over the life of the car, it's pennies. Forget about it, drive it and enjoy it.

Oh, and if that's not enough, just think of the guy who bought the car new and suffered $20K of depreciation!

CW

Benman
December 8th, 2006, 20:17
Sometimes you get lucky, sometimes you don't. Timing is everything. No biggie. Actually, if you amortized the difference over the life of the car, it's pennies. Forget about it, drive it and enjoy it.

Oh, and if that's not enough, just think of the guy who bought the car new and suffered $20K of depreciation!

CW

Amen. Always look at the bright side, you still paid way less than any of us new customers.

Just enjoy!:cheers:

Ben:addict:

skiwi
December 8th, 2006, 20:45
it's a car. you lose money. everyone does. we get the chance to enjoy the experience. i feel sorry for the poor punters who don't get the chance to enjoy such an awesome piece of kit....

Copper
December 8th, 2006, 21:13
I bought mine for $49,000 3 weeks ago and now I see there is a glut of them on the market. Only (2) for sale in the US for a few months there CPO'd and at an Audi dealer. Now there are 10+ All of them are coming off of a 36 month lease about the same time. If I had waited I could have bought one in the color I really wanted and paid $46-$47K. Ah well, it's supply and demand. I love this darn car! :dig:

Las Palmas
December 8th, 2006, 21:30
Losing out on 2000 dollars is a lot better then 7 or 8000 thousand.I think I got my ass kicked.I wish I would have been more patient.

BBGT2
December 9th, 2006, 03:20
Las Palmas, if you are happy with the car forget about it, its water under the bridge and its gone away. Be happy you got the car and enjoy.
Cars are a financial loss any way you look at it, whether its $5-7k now or later.
The RS6 is an amazing vehicle and it is the only car from Audi that has kept its value and didnt tank like the other models before it.

Enjoy the beast,

Bajo

bbigman2000
December 9th, 2006, 11:14
Yeh who cares, ive lost enough on cars over the last 10 years to have bought myself a suitably kitted out mansion !

jimmy94507
December 9th, 2006, 16:37

CW

I bought the car new and have enjoyed 40 months of driving the car. I really haven't seen another car on the market during this time that I would rather be driving. By my calculations I've avoided the expense of replacing this car with something "better"?

Enjoy your RS6's!!

Regards, Jimmy S.

chutia
December 10th, 2006, 17:39
Yes, you overpaid.The prices are really beginning to drop now. Whether it's b/c, they are coming off-lease or the new S6 or YE, or all of the above, I don't know. But, there's no way to get back your dough. This is exactly why, if value-retention is important to you when buying cars like this one, you must do you due diligence and be patient and have ready cash to make an immediate purchase when you find the right one. Be emotional and impatient, and you will almost always overpay. But, now that you have it and have no way of getting your $$ back, suck it up and just enjoy the car.

The dealer bought mine back b/c it turned out to be such constant trouble earlier this year. But I still miss the damn car: it was soooo hot while I had it. Like Carment Elektra!!!!!!!

Benman
December 11th, 2006, 16:07
I bought the car new and have enjoyed 40 months of driving the car. I really haven't seen another car on the market during this time that I would rather be driving. By my calculations I've avoided the expense of replacing this car with something "better"?

Enjoy your RS6's!!

Regards, Jimmy S.

Bingo! Exactly the point (although I've enjoyed mine 39 1/2 months ;) ). Just enjoy. There is really nothing else out there that temps me to trade in the :rs6kiss: .

Ben:addict:

T3
December 11th, 2006, 17:03
I know how you feel - I bought mine 8 months ago and it has been hard to watch prices drop. However, the RS6 is still as good as it gets, whether at $60k or $49k.

Here's the remedy: when you start feeling down, climb into your RS, take it out on the street, and press the accelerator really, really hard. Always works.

LU-RS6
December 11th, 2006, 23:43
@ Las Palmas: can you give some specs on ur car? Like year, mileage, etc. ? If I'm correct somehwere in your post you mention 20k miles. Don't feel bad about the money you paid, I mean you own an RS6! How many people can say that?
If you're happy with the car, you shouldn't waste any time on thinking where you could have bought it cheaper. Instead, like T3 mentioned: get in, let the engine warm up, find a nice straight and hit the pedal to the metal. :addict:

Aronis
December 12th, 2006, 02:08
I've been paying far too much for my RS6 every month for the past 36 (12 more to go) but if not for that rediculous lease payment I'd have to find some other bad habit to relieve the stress of my job....at least I can drive it to and from work!

Mike

Las Palmas
December 12th, 2006, 03:18
@ Las Palmas: can you give some specs on ur car? Like year, mileage, etc. ? If I'm correct somehwere in your post you mention 20k miles. Don't feel bad about the money you paid, I mean you own an RS6! How many people can say that?
If you're happy with the car, you shouldn't waste any time on thinking where you could have bought it cheaper. Instead, like T3 mentioned: get in, let the engine warm up, find a nice straight and hit the pedal to the metal. :addict:
22000 miles and very clean and CPOed.However I paid 62000 and that was 4 weeks ago.Same car today is probably 56000.Whatever.........I love the car and hope to keep it for a long time.:heart: :heart:

LU-RS6
December 12th, 2006, 08:29
For 22K mileage I wouldn't feel too bad about the price in all honesty. Anyway, you're sounding better already so wish you a lot of joy with your car.
Best regards