PDA

View Full Version : Milltek Kat back experience

Audiline
December 7th, 2006, 08:19
Hi

Want to fit the Milltek exhaust (Kat back) system to my RS6 avant. For me the RS6 is a family car and i wonder if this system is too much (sound)

Any comments or experience from you?

BBGT2
December 7th, 2006, 12:13
Milltek is the BEST exhaust for the RS6 or any Audi and its got my vote.
Had the Milltek exhaust on both my RS6's. One with just the cats back and the last one full exhaust with Down Pipes.
Def. not a obtrusive and not too loud of a systemexhaust, maybe a wee bit louder than the sport Audi exhaust.
I highly recommend it and cant wait until they come up with a system for the new S8 as I will def. be getting it.

Bajo

Audiline
December 7th, 2006, 16:59
Thanks for your comments, Bajo.

Whats your opinion on only catback?

PS. Merc G55? Long wheel base? Now, thats a really nice car to have with your Audi S8. Have had 2 G-wagen...its a really macho car.

Would be nice to se some pictures of it!

Ivar

BBGT2
December 7th, 2006, 17:47
Ivar,

There is a slight difference with the down pipes installed but mainly at full throttle.
Performance wise it is needed (I think) when you are chipping the engine you get a much better throttle response with the DP installed, that is due to losing one pre-cat per bank.
Cat back is very well worth it and will make the car sound excellent, trouble is you wont hear too much in the car but have someone drive your car after you install it and its a totally different monster, it screams when floored.
Blame that on all the sound deading materials in our beloved RS6 cars as well as other high end vehicle. Thats not a bad thing though as it keeps the road noise out.
Drive a Porsche GT2 and you will know what its like to drive a car with NO insulation besides the carpering, LOL.

Install of the cat back system is very easy, installation of the down pipes is VERY time consuming and a knuckle buster, I did my own so I know what I am talking about. Would I do it again, NO. Not worth the 6-7 hour job if you ask me.
Like I said Milltek makes the best system which is very inexpensive compared to the MTM system, which I have heard and will not bash. I just cannot see spending all that money on a exhaust system. That is why I have had Milltek on my 02 S8, and both my RS6's.

The G55 for the US only came in the LWB model. Its an awesome and for me the best SUV out there, very old school with AMG motor and trans to make it go and go pretty damn quick. Actually the G55 is my wifes daily driver and she doesnt want me to ever sell it, that is a first for her as she really isnt into cars at all.

Good Luck,

Bajo

skiwi
December 7th, 2006, 18:25
any web site for milltek?

Audiline
December 7th, 2006, 20:07
Hi dave

Here is the link for Milltek

http://www.millteksport.com/exhaust.products.cfm?variantid=22

Spoke to my Audimechanics today. The Milltek system arrives in 2 weeks. :-) Really looking forward to that. Also upgrading the Navi Plus to RNS-E (DVD based 16:9 system) with multimedia interface and bluetooth.

Then is complete...( i think?)

Audiline

BBGT2
December 7th, 2006, 20:34
Then is complete...( i think?)

Audiline

You wish !:wo:

It aint ever finished, they always come up with more goodies for them.

:addict: Rules !

LU-RS6
February 20th, 2007, 15:33
Is anyone able to post a soundfile of an RS6 with milltek catback mounted?

LU-RS6
February 24th, 2007, 00:28
Ok because none of you lazy bastards came up with a soundfile, had one installed myself :bye2::jlol::jlol::bye2:

SOUNDFILE (http://sven.geschiedenisles.com/leftlane.wav)

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t260/Chillax666/DSC02052.jpg

peiserg
July 28th, 2007, 00:17
is there a noticeable performance bumpwith the milltek? it's pretty pricey for just a better sound... did anyone do a before and after dyno, or know of the "claimed" numbers?

grizz
July 28th, 2007, 21:32
I've just fitted a cat back milltek with a pair of custom down pipes with NO cats , the car is fantastic .
Around town & motor way it's only a little louder than standard , but when on full throttle it sounds like a nas car , you get to hear the v8 in full effect.

peiserg
July 28th, 2007, 22:34
performance any noticeable boost? Someone mentioned about 15 wheel hp once. think that's about right? the website claims 8-10%, but thats about 35-45 HP. I know on my friend's supra he picked up 60 HP with his DP alone (already had the cat back exhaust on at the time). although i think (don't recall esxactly) that he might have upped the boost at the same time.

vlntrg
July 29th, 2007, 04:42
Sorry I can't help you with numbers, but any decrease in back pressure should help turbo spool - your butt dyno will definitely notice a difference. You might lose just a tad bit of torque before boost, but you'll never notice it...

If you do upgrade your exhaust, I'd be very interested in buying your OEM unit, should you decide to sell it.

42TT
July 29th, 2007, 10:37
The main issue with the standard setup is the dump/down pipes due to the pre-cats causing a large restriction, i would strongly recommend anyone wanting the best performance simply replacing the factory dump pipes and if you want to improve the rest of the system replace the rear mufflers and resonators with high flowing aftermarket units or for a really wild sound remove everything behind the cats and use two in-line resonators per side.

42tt