PDA

View Full Version : Audi S3 with Concert stereo - ipod question

eslin
December 6th, 2006, 20:04
Ive ordered my s3 and according to audi ill get it in march/april =).
But i did not include the ipod interface now I am having second thoughts and wonders the following:

Has anyone seen the ipodinterface that audi puts in the s3's or similar versions of the concert sound system?
Does it support to show either the filename of the actual mp3 that is played, or the id3-tag.
How do you browse the mp3's/albums.
Do you have to put your mp3's in a specific structure on the ipod?

Thanks in advance
-- eslin

Lateknight
December 7th, 2006, 00:50
The ipod kit is available to purchase seperately.

It uses the Aux input on the back (usually for Autochanger), so if you have an autochanger ordered you cannot use both autochanger and ipod.

You will have to make some playlists on the ipod (up to 6 will be recognised by the stereo).

The ipod will then act as an autochanger with full functionality.
The playlists are accessed by the 1 to 6 buttons on the radio, the seek/forward buttons become the track forward/Back buttons.

The track info should show up in the stereo display.

Hope that helps.

Charles DLF
December 7th, 2006, 09:56
i have the ipod kit in my A3, and it was installed when the car was ordered. First off it works great, fast, responsive, and in a fast car... you need it :p

Ok i'll stop the crap, as it has been said, the song name and so on show up on the radio's display, and the buttons on the radio allow to navigate around. The only problem is that you have to create playlists, since you can't really navigate in the ipods menus. However, i really recommend getting the option.

One thing, i don't have nav, so i don't know if it differs at all on the nav screens, btw, how stupid of me not to get the damn nav. STUPID STUPID STUPID

Cheers

C

Mori
December 20th, 2006, 15:54
Do you have to enable something to get the ID3 tags to show up? I'm not getting anything apart from "Track1" etc. on my RS4 with the ipod. :(

Charles DLF
December 21st, 2006, 11:55
Do you have to enable something to get the ID3 tags to show up? I'm not getting anything apart from "Track1" etc. on my RS4 with the ipod. :(

nope, just plugged the ipod, and it worked... strange it won't work for you! What a car you got BTW; congrats!!:rs4addict

p2rib
December 22nd, 2006, 01:05
hi

I am about to buy this adapter for my sportback

Does the title of the song display on the dashboard too as it shows the name of the radio?

(My stereo is a concert II)

Thanks

Mori
December 22nd, 2006, 09:32
It appears the adapter for the RS4 is a previous generation (already!) and it doesn't read the song titles. Oh well - will have to make do without. ;)

Leadfoot
December 26th, 2006, 10:47
Has no one thought of adding the USB connection instead of the iPod? It's the one I would choose.

eslin
March 19th, 2007, 08:58
I received my s3 the 16/3 with factory mounted ipod interface. Tested the ipod connection but it does not show tracknames for me, just "track 01".

I have a second generation ipod nano 8gb.
Today I will test my collegues first generation ipod nano 4gb in the car.

-- eslin

eslin
March 19th, 2007, 12:09
no luck with the ipod nano first generation either. I think my s3 has the "old" interface too.

Both ipods had their latest software versions, my 8gb nano second generation has 1.1.2.

-- eslin

eslin
March 21st, 2007, 10:28
tested a big 20gb old ipod yesterday, same problem still only "Track 01" and so forth as titles on the tracks.