PDA

View Full Version : Rock solid @ 60K mi

JAXRS6
December 4th, 2006, 19:06
I'm happy to report that at 60K my blue beast is rattle free and rock solid!

Took it in today for a cracked plastic cover under the hood, near the windshield washer bottle, plus a couple of other minor things -- one of which may be on my tab & not so minor, even with my extended factory warranty. Methinks something sticky spilled out of the dashboard cupholder and onto the passenger heated seat control below. That control works stiffly now, but I fear that since it's my doing I'll have to pay -- and if it involves removing the dash, it'll be pricey. So maybe I should just let it go? Has anyone else had this problem & how was it resolved? (I'm waiting to hear if it'll be covered but I'm not optimistic.)

Also, iconcls, did I just read that you're at 80K mi? :MTM: Care to share your long term impressions/satisfaction (or otherwise)?

got boost
December 5th, 2006, 02:05
Thats great!!
:rs6kiss:

As for your heated seat thumbwheel question, I feel that mine are too loose as compared to other audis. As for coverage on the repair, they better take care of it, they are the ones that put the cupholder in that location in the first place LOL! Good luck with the repair.

iconcls
December 5th, 2006, 02:20
Also, iconcls, did I just read that you're at 80K mi? :MTM: Care to share your long term impressions/satisfaction (or otherwise)?

(I'm planning on making my own "milestone post" relatively soon.)

noushy
December 5th, 2006, 03:40
Wow Jack, you drive even more than me. But then again you got your car about 5 months before mine. I am at 50k, and I had to stop because it is a lease. i would have caught up to you, but since I am not keeping it, it sits in the garage, waiting to go back to Audi.:cry: I will miss my mugello blue RS6. At night under the florescent lights, it glows a blue purple and is just gorgeous. Keep up the good work.

Noushy

JAXRS6
December 5th, 2006, 05:46
Good news: Audi is going to cover getting the sticky stuff out of my center stack! :rs6kiss: (Hmm...I just re-read that...nah, I'll leave it like it is!) I was told this would be a Service Manager decision, so my thanks to Dan at Audi of Rochester Hills (Michigan, near AOA HQ).:cheers:

Noushy, I would have even more miles if I hadn't bought another vehicle. First, added last Feb, was a Crossfire SRT6 -- fun in Florida but less so on Michigan roads, especially after my back went out. Rear suspension was very rough here. Had to replace it with something more practical for my back, so got a Vibe -- & thus rely on the RS6 for all my fun now. Has worked out fine. Vibe is no performer but gets great mileage, has decent ride, good driving position & I don't care how far I drive it (vs. the RS6). Were it not for these vehicles I'd be closer to 70K mi on the RS6.

Iconcls, I look forward to your writeup!:0:

Benman
December 5th, 2006, 15:46
Jax :cheers: ,

Congrats, you've enjoyed your Beast even more than I have! I am currently at 43K and holding, only weekend fun for now. Since getting the Denali for the wife, the RS 6 has been "officially" retired so it will take quite some time before it sees 50K...

Icon, I am anxiously awaiting that post! "Milestone"... I'm thinking you have even more miles than I thought!

GOOD FOR YOU!:cheers:

Ben:addict: