PDA

View Full Version : 08 rs6 flexibility

diesel king
December 2nd, 2006, 23:46
Hello, (I will take a while to get to my question. I apologize in advance!)
Last time I posted I was on the fence between an S6 and a cls55. I am sooooo guilty of car ADD!

My wife just couldn't get over paying $75,000 for a car and only getting black or gray leather. (she was going to "live with black" then so-so S6 reviews becameabundant) We canceled our S6 order.

A few months ago my wife put down a deposit on a 08 V8 BMW M3. The car would be parked during the winter so we would need a reasonably priced winter car (that I could drive over the summer, thus parking my Valdez). A couple of weeks ago I flew to Connecticut and drove home a gorgeous, white 2006 Audi S4. The car had 9,000 miles and many tasty aftermarket appearance goodies. My wife loves the S4 and is getting by with only 344hp. She is very reminded of her 2003 M3 behind the wheel of her S4.

We now have Audi rings securely around our necks.

The M3 on order sounds fun.....until you consider our two kids stuck in a tiny backseat and a 580hp RS6. With a bit of finesse on my part I can likely get my wife on the RS6 bandwagon (and waiting list).

I have two worries/questions:

First, my wife will agree to buying a 90+K car, if she can get a cinnamon (rust colored) interior. What interior color options were on the last generation RS6? What are the chances she can pick what she wants?

Also, I know the newest beast will truly be an animal, but I do worry about driving an extinct body style. How long until a 6 redesign? Does the older design of the current rs6 bother any you?

Thanks for bearing with me on this longwinded post!!!!:snow:

SpinEcho
December 3rd, 2006, 04:06
Personally I'm quite happy with the looks of my RS6. Nobody knows what it is, and that for me is the appeal. But if having the latest body style of a model is important to you, then the late timing for the release of all RS models is going to disappoint you!

As for the interior, there were only 2 options in North America - black leather and silver leather, with flat as a board (I'm sorry, that's 'sports' in Audi NA speak) seats. Based on the dumbed down B7 RS4 interior continuing that fine tradition, there is no reason to doubt that Audi will again deny North Americans the better choices available to others, with the next RS6. Of course, with enough persuasion (and $$), you might be able to get a special order for a cinammon interior.

skiwi
December 3rd, 2006, 08:56
yeah, you usa-types might whine about the lack of options, but you got your cars at a damn sight better price than the rest of us! you can't have it both ways ;-)

bobjebb
December 3rd, 2006, 09:13
Does she want something like this?

diesel king
December 3rd, 2006, 19:26
Thanks for the picture! Cognac seems to be just what she is looking for. Is this the kind of thing Quattro Gmbh does?

bobjebb
December 3rd, 2006, 19:39
I'm sure they would, for a price! This is an option that was only offered on the PLUS, I'd suggest a call to your locsl dealer or Germany to see if RS6 Plus Cognac is available aftermarket.

Good luck.

skiwi
December 3rd, 2006, 21:44
man, those mats are loud! were they standard on the plus?

bbigman2000
December 3rd, 2006, 21:54
I personnaly dont like avant (estate) style RS6's

However, they are in my view TIMELESS, it will take a very long time for them to start looking in attractive.

SpinEcho
December 3rd, 2006, 22:57
Originally posted by skiwi

yeah, you usa-types might whine about the lack of options, but you got your cars at a damn sight better price than the rest of us! you can't have it both ways ;-)

Would that be like me calling you an Aussie-type?

skiwi
December 4th, 2006, 01:19
yeah, like me calling you a good-ol-boy
:-)

SpinEcho
December 4th, 2006, 03:30
yeah, like me calling you a good-ol-boy
:-)

That's a first - a Canadian being called a good ol' boy! :lovl:

Now if you'd asked me what part of my igloo I park the Beast in...

skiwi
December 4th, 2006, 04:40
just like a new zealander being called an aussie! :-)