PDA

View Full Version : M-pire Strikes Back

M3 owner
December 2nd, 2006, 21:59
If this really is it,then the RS4 beats it in the looks department & judging by that 0-100 time the RS4 will murder it in the performance department too.

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65680

buyalemon
December 2nd, 2006, 22:27
that's a photoshop picture, but still ...not good looking! I saw some real pictures the other day of the revcounter and it didn't turn red until 8300 rpm :revs: ...I think it will be a very fast car. M5 hits 200km/h in 13ish ...M3 can't be that fast maybe 15ish (when dry) ...that's RS4 territory but not much faster ...so when wet :dance:

M3 owner
December 3rd, 2006, 21:07
Both cars should b evenly matched in the performance department. Nevertheless,that wont stop most M3 drivers BOASTING & BRAGGING on their forums on how their car does 0-100km point 1 of a millisecond faster then the RS4YAWN !!!
The 335i is ugly & apart from the flared gaurds & front spolier the M3 wont b any different.It will all boil down 2 whether u wont rwd/4wd. 4 door or 2 door.
Decisions,decisions,decisions...

Leadfoot
December 3rd, 2006, 23:06
The new M3 doesn't have the aggressive looks of the last one, but after seeing the new coupe in the fresh it really does look better than the last one in many ways. When you compare it to the saloon there is a marked difference between the two, where the last one just looked like a saloon with two doors and the new one looks sportier and much more expensive.

The next M3's 0-100km/h time will beat the 5 second barrier that is for sure. I would agree that a it's 0-200km/h time will be something in the 14~15 seconds mark but reckon that it will be slightly quicker to this point than the RS4 and there after until both hit their limiters. This will most likely be down to the SMG box, but like the last M3 it's torque will not match the Audi's so chances are it wouldn't as quick in-gear. And like all rwd cars they do have a problem get the power down when the roads get slippery, so though it may produce a quicker lap time than the RS4 in perfect conditions, the RS4 will ultimately produce it's times more consistently regardless of conditions.

In my book the Audi will always be the winner no matter what the magazines say.

AndyBG
December 3rd, 2006, 23:52
In my book the Audi will always be the winner no matter what the magazines say.

:thumb:

I'm with you on that one!

Wehn we are talking about new M3...

Apart from coupe and cabrio version, are there plans for limousine or even maybe Touring version of M3...

Considering that big share of RS 4s are Avant and even MB C 55 AMG finding its way into ''super caravan program'', it seems to me that BMW should enter the segment with M3...? :vhmmm:

Leadfoot
December 4th, 2006, 09:59
In my opinion, it's a waste of time for BMW to bring out an M3 estate. There is two reasons why the RS4 Avant sales in big numbers, firstly the original RS2 was only an Avant and it's like the previous RS4 gained cult status, so most people look at the Avant version as the only one to have and secondly most people think of estate car as being practical and 4 wheel drive goes hand in hand with this idea, throw the dogs in the boot and head out into the country. Show an M3 estate a mud lane and it will lay down and roll over.

Unless BMW like Merc offer this models with awd they won't sale in big enough numbers to justify the development.

CezarRS4
December 7th, 2006, 09:21
The M division will never come close to Quattro GMBH .
Quality and dynamics are much better in Audi .
Quattro also is refined , dynamic and believe me you can drift the RS4 like no BMW and with much bigger speed and control. Also the sound and the performance of the V8 FSI is like no beemer.
PS: if they are as reliable as the old generation you can forget it

Charles DLF
December 7th, 2006, 10:15
i'm one of the biggest audi nuts out there, and i have to say that M3 doesn't look THAT bad... i do love the :rs4kiss: a lot more, but compared to the :puke: M5, that M3 looks rather good IMO...

:rs4addict still wins my heart, but heck, i'll give this car credit

JavierNuvolari
December 7th, 2006, 12:20
Doesn't even come close to the agresive look of the the E46 M3.

tazsura
December 7th, 2006, 14:42
I'm four rings through and through...

but i think the next M3 will be a looker and a very good car. The :rs4addict will always be more special in my eyes though :love: ...less mainstream.

AndyBG
December 7th, 2006, 15:17
Some more info and pic's of new BMW M3...

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/auto_und_produkte/erwischt_bmw_m3_m3_cabrio.134865.htm

http://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/news/fotoshows/erwischt_bmw_m3_m3_cabrio.134867.htm

Leadfoot
December 7th, 2006, 17:10
To hard to tell what the nose will finally look like, but the rest doesn't look much different than the 335i. In other words it doesn't hold a candle to the RS4.

IulianUM
December 7th, 2006, 18:59
I thought that it will be under 4,5 sec. :rs4kiss:

:rs4addict Forever .

wild-rs4-man
December 8th, 2006, 08:52
the problem with a M3 is that everyone will have one , including your granny ( to go shopping ) it will never beat the RS4 in looks , quality, performance, handling, as Mr Clarkson ( TOP GEAR ) said " the new bmw engineers have hayfever, ie sneezing when they are drawing the car,,, too many shap lines ":bye2:

do you know what BMW stands for ?
gotta love the RS4 :rs4addict

RacerBice
December 8th, 2006, 09:33
A lot of bias here, I seem to notice... :asian:

I for my part also think that there doesn't seem to be much in the new M3 to distinguish it from the regular coupé's. But frankly, the same can be said for the RS4 and regular A4's as well. Although we Audi nuts could lecture for half an hour (myself included) about the subtle but very distinct features of the RS4 as compared to the base model, most people who are neither Audi nor BMW fans (and thus might have a slightly more objective approach to the issue) will probably say that the RS4 and M3 are equally anonymous. And it would be hard for me to disagree, however great looking I think the RS4 is.....

In regard of the M3 looks (which from the mule pictures seem to be close to final), they are simply too weak for my taste. And WHY the butt-ugly tail-pipe layout (carried over from last M3)? 2+2 sitting quite close together?! Makes the car look less wide from the rear, and thus does nothing to enhance the impression of a fast car. It just looks stupid. This is in fact also the only objection I have to the Z06 design.

CezarRS4
December 8th, 2006, 10:51
It will never stand up to the build quality of Audi !! Too refined and well built and RELIABLE (unlike bmw) Not to mencion the Drive of the RS4.
AUDI RULES

CezarRS4
December 8th, 2006, 11:15
May i also say i drove the old M3 and it was the worst experience ever!
Gearbox , sond of the engine , interior built quality , not to mention that all of my 5 friends M3 owners have changed their engines , clutch , a few gearbox - lots of problems /
And compared to the RS4 it is missing 2 cilinders , 2 doors , 2 drive wheels and Audi drive , dynamic and overall quality.
My love :
http://http://show.imagehosting.us/show/1804271/0/nouser_1804/T1_-1_1804271.jpg (http://www.imagehosting.us/index.php?action=show&ident=1804271)