PDA

View Full Version : Trouble with the Highway Patrol

s42ski
December 2nd, 2006, 21:39
Wife was out of town on a business trip so I decided to take the kids up for a couple of days up in Mammoth Mountain ( for those not in Southern Califronia, Mammoth is a ski resort about 300 miles North of Los Angeles)

Trip up was fine, with minimal traffic, trip back is where it got interesting, we decided to leave early ( not much snow) so we got on the road at about 10 am heading home. Nice sunny day, cold ( about 25 F) and I start to "enjoy" the beast. Find my speed going from 75 up to about 90+ :revs:

Come over a small hill and the Valentine One goes off in Ka band full srength California Highway Patrol has me nailed! I hit the brakes hard and HOPE that they did not get a lock on my speed with the radar......

No luck - I see them turn around across the median - no such luck :cry:

I tell the kids that I am getting a big ticket and they grow very quiet - sure enough the CHP lights go on and I pull over. I start trying to figure out if I have any defense - was that Excursion that I passed close enough that the Radar picked it up instead of me ?

She gets out of her car and comes to the window and asks me the standard " do you know why I pulled you over?" question. I play dumb - " I am not sure officer ??"

She says " I pulled you over because of your dark windows"

No massive speeding ticket:wo:

Here in California dark front windows are not legal ( in other southern states like Florida or Arizona it is legal)

Here are the "before" pictures with the dark tint

Aronis
December 2nd, 2006, 23:04
YIKES...that was close, now how do you get the tint off the windows?

Mike

s42ski
December 3rd, 2006, 01:11
I watched it being done - it peels right off if you start at a corner and pull very carefully.

Benman
December 4th, 2006, 18:19
She says " I pulled you over because of your dark windows"

V1 is a life saver! Glad to hear, that could have been waaaaay worse!:cheers:

Ben:addict:

Ruergard
December 4th, 2006, 20:12
Wow, great to hear that. Your day could have ended up much worse!

Klint
December 4th, 2006, 20:37
Peel from a corner and use a hairdryer!

SoCal
December 4th, 2006, 21:17
Boy...are you lucky!!! I know that road very well. Nicely told tale and a very nice outcome.

got boost
December 5th, 2006, 00:43
Awesome story! my adrenaline was rushin just readin. Glad you lucked out!