PDA

View Full Version : Question about software version

KK265
December 2nd, 2006, 20:22
Does anybody know what is the difference between version 040,050,060 of the ECU?My car came with 050 version and i updated 2 days ago to 060.I did not notice any difference so i ask if anyone know something about it.First RS4s had version 040.

Andyuk911
December 3rd, 2006, 09:52
I saw on a thread someting about poor slow running .. but who know .......

KK265
December 3rd, 2006, 10:41
I saw on a thread someting about poor slow running .. but who know .......

Do you have the url address of this thread please?

Andyuk911
December 3rd, 2006, 16:35
copied from rs246.com in b7 forum

There was an update for software, solved the rough running and dropping off a cylinder complaint that had been mentioned by EVO, it seems it only affected earlier saloons and that the first Avants came through with this upgrade anyway, was related to the fouling of plugs I believe. Mine didn't have to be changed after PDi and have given no bother.

KK265
December 21st, 2006, 20:50
copied from rs246.com in b7 forum

There was an update for software, solved the rough running and dropping off a cylinder complaint that had been mentioned by EVO, it seems it only affected earlier saloons and that the first Avants came through with this upgrade anyway, was related to the fouling of plugs I believe. Mine didn't have to be changed after PDi and have given no bother.

Today i replaced the ECUs with new.Now v-max limiter is at 280 km/h.The software version is 040.My engineer tried to update to current 060 as he did with previous ECU but the system denied to receive any update.What happens with the software version?Why is impossible to update 280km/h ECU?I have pictures of every stage of this procedure.
P.S They gave me a sticker for door column with new higher tire pressures.