PDA

View Full Version : Registering your RS4 in January makes it a 2007 model?

fx2
November 30th, 2006, 10:25
I have my :rs4addict arriving in a week, but the dealer says it would be better to wait 3 more weeks and register the car into the new year. This would make it a 2007 years model and the re-sale value would be considerbly higher.
What are your thoughts on this?

OzRS4
November 30th, 2006, 10:45
I'm not sure where you are but in Australia, it depends on when the car arrives in the country and the stamp on the compliance plate, not the registration. So if say my car arrives in Decemebr and had its compliance plate done as December 2006 but the registration is done in Jan 2007, the car will still be considered as 2006 car. Hope it helps.

Cheers, QT

BryanF
November 30th, 2006, 12:43
FX2

Definitely the build month and not the registration month.Your car would be a 2006 car when you decide to move it on..I got caught with a 2001 A4 turbo Quattro that was first registered in Feb 2002 when I traded it in on my new RS4.

Hope this helps.

PetrolDave
December 1st, 2006, 09:35
You have to distinguish between model year, build year and registration year.

The build year you can't do anything about - it was built when it was built.

In the UK it's the date of first registration on the registration document that prospective buyers look at when determining what "year" a car is. So in the UK it would be a 2006 car if you registered it now, but a 2007 car if you waited one month.

However, it's a 2007 model whatever you do - look at the VIN plate, the model year digit is a 7.

Andyuk911
December 1st, 2006, 11:11
If you are in the UK, a 31st Dec 2006 56 plate car will be worth less than a 1st Jan 2007 56 plate car, when you sell it.

That's just the stupid way it works, 'book' price

added derrr ...Estonia ,

fx2
December 1st, 2006, 11:25
I'm in Estonia and it seems the system here works the same way, I wonder how much the price difference would be in the end. Is it really worth the extra one month wait, the car just standing there...idle...

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for quick replies, I will pick the car up as soon as it arrives and not be a supporter of bureaucracy :rs4addict

BigRick
December 1st, 2006, 15:51
I'm in Estonia and it seems the system here works the same way, I wonder how much the price difference would be in the end. Is it really worth the extra one month wait, the car just standing there...idle...

Anyhow, thanks to everyone for quick replies, I will pick the car up as soon as it arrives and not be a supporter of bureaucracy :rs4addict

Way to go! Drive the car and ENJOY as much as you can so the depreciation won't be a issue when you sell it in a couple of years! You will be able to remember what you did with that supposedly extra money!