PDA

View Full Version : RS6 Power Upgrade

msteckli
November 27th, 2006, 21:41
I am a new RS6 owner and am looking into upgrading power with a chip and other mods. Question: Who is the best tuner in the Los Angeles area (Thousand Oaks actually which is about 50 miles north-west of LA)? I prefer to do any upgrades through a local person in a "turn-key" fashion as I don't have much free time on my hands, or talent to be perfectly honest, and prefer to have someone who knows what they are doing so they can do it right the first time.

After reading some of the post on this site, it looks as though the MTM software is consistently recommended. I believe Hoppen in Florida has the US distribution rights. Does anyone know who installs this software in the Los Angeles area and whether anyone is capable of also doing the upgrades required for the 125 HP boost that Hoppen boasts on its website? If I lived in Florida, given what I know today, I would take the car to them.

Also, I live only a few miles from a tuner named "Greedspeed". They work with Neuspeed products, which aren't mentioned very much in this forum. I could see a huge advantage to working someone so close, but I haven't seen much info on Neuspeed and don't know if this tuner can do much more than install the software for me.

Thanks for any help,

Mark

Ruergard
November 27th, 2006, 22:26
If there is a tuner around that sells APR or MTM, I would go for that. MTM is really good, they know what they're doing, no doubt. But it has been more and more APR stuff here what I've seen. And it seems like they know how to put some more ponnies under the bonnet too!

EDIT:
Check out this RS6 wich runs APR chip on te 100 octane program.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDBUVkppItc

gjg
November 28th, 2006, 14:30
with MTM you have well tested product - extensively. :thumb:

Aronis
November 29th, 2006, 03:16
save some money for a new tranny...LOL....love mine just stock thank you.

Mike

BBGT2
November 29th, 2006, 07:32
Go with MTM or Oc.T tuning, they know their stuff when it comes to Audi.
APR, well I will just keep that opinion about them to myself, dont buy their exhaust made by Billy Boat for the RS6, you will be sorry that I guarantee you.

dab
November 30th, 2006, 21:07
I had the apr tiprtronic and ecu done. Relatively in-expensive and 520 hp with 538 lbs of torque. Love it.

S6LANA
December 1st, 2006, 18:05
This is always a topic of interest to me. Pyiu from this and other Audi boards has the dahlback chip I think. Regardless, I don't think he has had problems. Which, leads me to ask whether or not just the chipping alone with moderate activity kills the tranny? Or, if it's automatically assumed that if you can go faster you will and that's the behavior that kills the car.

It seems to me that logically, if you got the car chipped, but drove it in a responsible way you might avoid problems.

But, to Doc's point, it's an expensive experiment to conduct.

gjg
December 3rd, 2006, 09:14
tranny chip is must :mech:

mi021le
December 4th, 2006, 03:30
[QUOTE=S6LANA;80743]This is always a topic of interest to me. Pyiu from this and other Audi boards has the dahlback chip I think. Regardless, I don't think he has had problems. QUOTE]

the cool thing is, that when u go to the companies that take the motherboard is that they can learn. they can learn and change. the plug and play cant.

DetailersDomain
December 4th, 2006, 06:02
I have to say lately I've been pushing the RS6 hard and no signs of any issues yet.

if it goes it will go to level 10 as well as the dp/fuel pump/fuel reg will go in....

I love this beast!