PDA

View Full Version : Ein problem?!

gnomik007
April 18th, 2003, 19:22
Hi everyone.I have recently chipped my RS6 and await for the milltek exhaust,however,already have a question.After the chip was installed the car did become a bit faster and more exciting to play with,but the transmission now sometimes jerks the car very sudden,especially when I accelerate rapidly.Has anyone got any suggestions what might be the problem.

Nordschleife
April 18th, 2003, 22:14
Hi
This is a well known problem. Usually occurs when changing from second to third, or third to fourth. Most frequently, it happens when accelerating on a lightly open throttle.
The origin of the problem may be observed in the S6. There appears to be a bug in the original software. I do know that this is a problem that is being worked on by atleast one tuner, it becomes much more pronounced with 800NM of torque and a faster acting gearbox.
HTH
R+C

Benman
April 19th, 2003, 02:25
wow, that not too good. what tuner did you use?

ben:addict:

gnomik007
April 19th, 2003, 21:53
I think it was the MTM one,but to be honest,most of them are exactly the same thing.

Nordschleife
April 19th, 2003, 23:43
As far as I know, the problem which is present in the standard car, is capable of being fixed, or at least ameliorated, by reprogramming the tip chip. I imagine all the tuners are working on this, although until the torque gets to significantly elevated, the problem does not become pressing.
R+C

gnomik007
April 23rd, 2003, 14:22
So it is nothing criminal,just software error?Will the chip really improve it?

Dave
April 26th, 2003, 11:58
I have noticed this with my Abt chip..

the gears seem to hit home harder with a more raw edge.. I don't feel that it is anything to worryabout..

Just more torque going through the box!
Dave

gnomik007
May 12th, 2003, 13:10
I thought so in the beginning but it feels as if the engine accelerates but the car doesnt and then that sudden hit in the transmission and the car jumps from underneath you.Is yours the same?

Dave
May 13th, 2003, 15:02
Yes mate...

sounds very similar. .like it's in the wrong gear.. thinks for a second and then bangs in the lower gear really hard...

I don't mind it beacuse it only really happens under very rapid accleration.. but it will be interesting to see if the tuning companies do anything to remedy this.

Dave

TheBrit
May 13th, 2003, 18:10
Dave,

Your TCM was re-mapped as well as your ECU wasn't it? I'm sure you said they re-programmed the Tip as well...

If they didn't, I can imagine this might explain some of the problems. The TCM uses torque yield estimate data from the ECU and if the ECU has been remapped when the TCM hasn't, it could present values that the TCM doesn't have a map entry for and therefore momentarily can't select a gear for.

Just a thought.

Dave
May 13th, 2003, 20:51
Yea mate.. both done I presume. well that's what the invoice says :D

But I think there is still room for improvement.. it looks like they have tried to speed up the change but some conditons cause a heavy change... doesn't happen very often, but comes as a bit of a jolt.. nothing the car complains about.!

Dave