PDA

View Full Version : C6 S6 - detuned or retuned? Suspension problem.

hemants
November 27th, 2006, 15:27
Currently researching my next car. Was speaking to a knowledgable salesperson at the Audi dealership who said that the S6 was retuned from the Gallardo so that you wouldn't have to drive it like you stole it (ie. sacrifice top end hp for more torque). That makes sense. given the price point, 5.0 seconds 0 to 60 is respectable for a sedan in this class. Won't give you bragging rights over a CLS63 or M5 but you will probably enjoy it more as a civilized driver.

But then comes the suspension. Every report I've read says that the suspension is downright annoying over bumpy roads. too bad it didn't have an adjustable air suspension - that would allow the best of both worlds (track/twisties vs daily driver). At a minimum I'd have to say that the suspension tuning philosophy, at least as reported, does not match up with the engine philosophy.

I'd be curious to know if any S6 owners/drivers found it to be too harsh.

Have you driven a stock vehicle that is harsher? Which one?

mnance
November 27th, 2006, 17:07
I just purchased and S6 2 weeks ago and have found the enitire experience to be great. Not harsh like the M5. Off the line it will throw you back in the seat.