PDA

View Full Version : Paging Fab & MR USER about Geneva

roadrunner
November 23rd, 2006, 09:22
Hello Fab & MR USER - fellow RS6.com members.

As I will be in Geneva next week (29th Nov till 2nd Dec) I wanted to ask you for advise what to do & see. I won't have too much time - will be most of the time at a summit near the airport.

Wish me luck with the rental company - might be in Geneva with an Audi :incar: :dance:

Greets :cheers:
Seb.

roadrunner
November 25th, 2006, 20:22
Come one - no one has been to Geneva or is willing to share some advise?

- what to see ( besides the beaten track)
- a scenic route

I believe in you :thumb:

Greets.
Seb

MR USER
November 26th, 2006, 18:36
Will be nice to see you! just PM for email and coordinate your visit! I'll be happy to share the best routes nearby and some advice for restaurants and more!

roadrunner
November 27th, 2006, 10:38
Will be nice to see you! just PM for email and coordinate your visit! I'll be happy to share the best routes nearby and some advice for restaurants and more!

PM under way. Thank you for your support MR USER :cheers:

Look forward to Geneva.

Greets.
Seb.

Fab
November 27th, 2006, 13:32
Sorry to be late on that post :bye:

Well temperature are quite nice (14-16 C°) so you can have a nice walk long the lake, you will certainly find some nice cars around. The go to Rue du Rhone where you will find the heart of the city (see the old town as well). Geneva is pretty small so you can do this without spending hours walking. If you like great italian cuisine go to the Auberge d'Onex but book in advance. This is my favourite restaurant. Just great.

Have a nice time. :cheers:

roadrunner
November 29th, 2006, 22:35
Fab - thank you for your tipps. I will see what I can manage to see.

Arrived in Geneva Wed. afternoon. Did not have a chance to see anything yet.

If everything works out, I will meet MR USER tomorrow (thursday) - what a great community RS6.com is :cheers:

By the way - my gamble with Europcar paid off: i got my desired Audi as a rental

750 Km
4 short stops
5:50 total time (5:30 driving time)
Average speed 129Km/h
Average fuel consumption: 9,3l/100 Km

and a :jlol: on my face that will last for a week - that's how long i will be driving the

:wo: Audi A6 Avant 3.0 TDI quattro Tiptronic :wo:

what a car - what an Audi :incar:

A very happy roadrunner :360:

Greets.
Seb.