PDA

View Full Version : R8 dream

RXBG
November 22nd, 2006, 18:48
so i actually had a good dream last night (dreams are generally not "fun'). i dreamt that i had just received my brand spanking new silver R8. i took it out alone on the local highway, which was pretty empty. at the points where my S4 would start to lean and the tires squirm the R8 just stayed poised and settled. somehow i felt disconnected with the road, almost as if i was flying over it, but i could feel how much more power and acceleration i could take into the curves. my heart was pounding. i couldn't believe i was actually driving an R8.....and it felt so real. i caught up to an evo, who gave chase and stayed with me for about a mile. then, as we entered a series of S's i slowly pulled away....then i woke up. i remember thinking to myself "what a pleasant dream that was"....

weird i know, but if i don't tell you guys then who can i tell? my wife would be like... "that's nice baby....i'm glad you had a nice dream," pause, "i still can't believe you're going to spend that much on a car..." and then she'd walk away shaking her head....

Ruergard
November 22nd, 2006, 20:39
Haha, awesome dream! Soon... soon it's reality.. ;)

S6LANA
November 22nd, 2006, 21:44
You guys have me re-thinking my desire for the new RS6. Hhhmm...I was already thinking about trading my RS6 for a 911 Turbo next year. I am being wooed by the sub-4 second 0-60 times even on their AWD X50 model.

But, Porsches are everywhere and it would be cool to have the R8 and not see another around the block. Although, would I be happy with the V8 when the V10 is coming out a year from US launch. And, even if I waited for the V10, I bet it's in the $130 range, which is out of my league.

O boy, decisions decisions!:confused:

RXBG
November 22nd, 2006, 22:59
it is heartbreaking to be so close to the V10 but not be able to afford it. (or willing to pony up the extra cash for it)..... also, it sucks to have to wait for one for a full year minimum when the V8 is already ready already....

i rationalize it two ways. one mean. and one not mean.

former- think of how RS4 drivers will envy you....

latter- think of how hard it would really be to notice the extra two cylinders in day to day driving.... (best i can do) ;)

S6LANA
November 23rd, 2006, 14:59
former- think of how RS4 drivers will envy you....

latter- think of how hard it would really be to notice the extra two cylinders in day to day driving.... (best i can do) ;)

ROFL....RX, I like how you think! And, the V8 is a tad bit faster than my current RS6, so really I would be getting a slightly faster car.

It goes back to the question "how much is enough." Kind of like crack, once you have a taste of real power, it doesn't take long to want as much as possible.

But, your reasoning is solid and I would love an R8, because it's starting to sound like the new RS6 is going to be slightly underpowered vs. the 580+T monster we were reading about.

Leadfoot
November 23rd, 2006, 15:38
I too have dreams about having a go in something with a sex body.

But it's not a car.:hahahehe:

RXBG
November 27th, 2006, 01:44
even if the new RS6 does make 580 hp (and i think it will).... the driving experience would be vastly different from a V8 R8.

i went from a 225 hp TT to a V8 S4. from agility and lightness to brute force. and to this day i miss my TT...... though not its impishness at speeds over 100....

i think the R8 will be the best of both worlds to me. it will be a synthesis of the best of the two rolled into one......... sure the V10 would be better but.... i consider myself blessed that i can have one period.
;)

S6LANA
November 27th, 2006, 01:57
even if the new RS6 does make 580 hp (and i think it will).... the driving experience would be vastly different from a V8 R8.

i went from a 225 hp TT to a V8 S4. from agility and lightness to brute force. and to this day i miss my TT...... though not its impishness at speeds over 100....

i think the R8 will be the best of both worlds to me. it will be a synthesis of the best of the two rolled into one......... sure the V10 would be better but.... i consider myself blessed that i can have one period.
;)

RXBG,

Agreed on all fronts. I can't wait to see what the new RS6 looks like and puts out. It will be a fun 2007 for Audi fans. And, if I don't like it, well the R8 isn't exactly the "runners up" prize. It will be a unique thrill-ride-per-minute!:revs: